Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2011, 12:17 PM

Default Suggestion for Making Xpand2 easier to use...

I've been using pro tools 9 for about 3 weeks now and so far its pretty good... it was kind of frustrating getting used to finding everything at first but Im getting used to it...

I don't know if this already exists, i couldn't find it, but...

with Xpand2 I was wondering/hoping if there was a way to change the sounds without having to click the sound name and then going through the menus...

I dont know if actual PT programmers read this stuff but Xpand woudl be allot easier to use if in each section (ABCD) u could put in an arrow that would let you change the sound for that particular section... it would make auditioning sounds allot easier...

Im still learning though, so if there is a way to do this can someone let me kno...

thanks.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Suggestion for Making Xpand2 easier to use...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLN416 View Post
I dont know if actual PT programmers read this stuff but Xpand woudl be allot easier to use if in each section (ABCD) u could put in an arrow that would let you change the sound for that particular section... it would make auditioning sounds allot easier...
Isn't that exactly how it works?? Perhaps I am not understanding your question.

Check out the manual that came with it!! ff
Old 05-31-2011, 12:35 PM

You have to go through the plugin presets found at the top of the plugin window.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 05-31-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLN416 View Post
Xpand woudl be allot easier to use if in each section (ABCD) u could put in an arrow that would let you change the sound for that particular section... it would make auditioning sounds allot easier...
I suggest you post this feature at IdeaScale. Alternatively, read the part pop-up category as it gives descriptive indicators to the patches sonic character.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:56 PM

I don't know if this will help you but there are an option where you can audition sounds automaticly. Open the menu to the right of the + sign. Now look at the bottom of the menu and type in how long interval between sound change you want. Just play and it will change automaticly.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petmar View Post
I don't know if this will help you but there are an option where you can audition sounds automaticly. Open the menu to the right of the + sign. Now look at the bottom of the menu and type in how long interval between sound change you want. Just play and it will change automaticly.
Auditioning via the Plug-In Settings Dialog is great for auditioning plug-in settings but not so good for auditioning Part Names listed in a respective Xpand!2 Part Category.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:15 PM

good lookin on the reponses,

I have read the manual but I wasn't able to find anything about what i was looking for...

Ima try what you suggested filso but I was more looking for something along the lines that I could control as opposed to it changing by itself after a set period of time...

I know I can go to the top and click the menu to change the sound but the problem with that is you have to go through a bunch of sub categories and find the sound you were at and then go to the next one thats cool, but when you just want to quickly switch through sounds to get some inspiration it gets real tedious...

if there was an arrow or button - for eac of the 4 parts - that can go to the very next sound in the category or the previous sound that would make things allot easier....

I hope they can include that in the next update, that would def make expand more user friendly...
Old 05-31-2011, 03:30 PM

Submit a Feature Request at IdeaScale. It is the only way.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:48 PM

I totally agree with this. Structure, too. Not a good system for choosing patches.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 05-31-2011, 03:49 PM

Here's the official Ideascale thread for it. It applies to all Avid/AIR plug-ins.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB