Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2014, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Just installed Pro Tools 11. Guitar Rig 5.2 Plug-in doesn't show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjansson77 View Post
Hi there, I'm having trouble getting my Guitar Rig software to show up as a plug-in in PT. It worked before, but a few months ago I had to re-install PT and it hasn't shown up since. The native plug-ins are visible and operational, though.

Spec-wise, I'm using a Macbook Pro w/ a 2.8 GHz processor, running OS X 10.9.2. My interface is an M-Audio Fast Track Pro, and I'm using Pro Tools 11. I'm also using an external hard drive, an OWC Mercury Elite AL Pro, connected with a FW 800 cable.

I've already checked Mac HD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-ins, and Guitar Rig 5 is in there. I also checked the version, saw it needed to be updated, and did so, to version 5.2. However, it still isn't showing up in PT, and I'm not sure what the next step is.

Any help would be much appreciated!
You really should have started a separate thread and in the PT11 section as you'd get a faster/better response there.

I don't run Mavericks but GR5 shows up just fine in the system in my sig file. What you should do is to delete the PT databases and PT11 will rescan your plugins at next startup. See this thread for a very useful tool that will help (see the first post): http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=340741

GR5 tends to show up in a weird category. One thing you can try is to have PT organize your plugins list by category and developer and then look in the NI section. Do you have any other NI plugins and do they show up okay?

QAPLA!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Just installed Pro Tools 11. Guitar Rig 5.2 Plug-in doesn't show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You really should have started a separate thread and in the PT11 section as you'd get a faster/better response there.

I don't run Mavericks but GR5 shows up just fine in the system in my sig file. What you should do is to delete the PT databases and PT11 will rescan your plugins at next startup. See this thread for a very useful tool that will help (see the first post): http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=340741

GR5 tends to show up in a weird category. One thing you can try is to have PT organize your plugins list by category and developer and then look in the NI section. Do you have any other NI plugins and do they show up okay?
You're right, my bad. I'm new to this website, and I wasn't sure how/where to do that.

Alright so I installed that application, selected every option for PT11, and hit "trash." Then when I opened PT, the loading screen was much slower than usual, and I saw every plug-in scroll by (except GR5). And when the session window opened, GR still doesn't show up.

How can I change how PT organizes the plugins? And now that you mention it, Maschine isn't showing up either.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjansson77 View Post
You're right, my bad. I'm new to this website, and I wasn't sure how/where to do that.

Alright so I installed that application, selected every option for PT11, and hit "trash." Then when I opened PT, the loading screen was much slower than usual, and I saw every plug-in scroll by (except GR5). And when the session window opened, GR still doesn't show up.

How can I change how PT organizes the plugins? And now that you mention it, Maschine isn't showing up either.
You change how you organize plugin in PT Preferences. It's in one of the pages. When you install an NI plugin make sure you check aax format as it may not be automatically selected.

As to which forum to post PT11 related questions there's a PT11 forum accessible from the main forum page.

QAPLA!