Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 12-10-2018, 03:08 PM

Default Presets missing from Xpand!2

Being that I am a Pro Tools First customer, I really have no idea if creating a case for my issues would even be considered by Avid. It's been over a week and I have not had a reply.

This process is quite confusing and my only hope is to find some answers here.

First of all, I downloaded my software after buying a Focusrite interface and setting up an Ilok account. And her are my issues.
1) I have no idea what my System ID is, anything I have tried to
retrieve it does not work.
2) I'm able to use PT First ( at least the basics ), until I try to use the
plug in XpandI2. When I click the library button, there's nothing
there. Everything I have found says the "installer" should have
installed it just fine. Well not for me, and I really don't want to
uninstall and reinstall all over again.

I'm thinking there is another one, but can't remember at this point. To have these kinds of problems right form the get go makes me wonder if I really want to continue even trying to use it. I certainly won't ever upgrade if I can't evaluate it first.

So any responses would be appreciated, but I have lost a lot of faith already in this product.

Last edited by jeffro; 12-10-2018 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Updated the title from "Issues that Avid just won't Answer"
Old 12-10-2018, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Issues that Avid just won't Answer

What "Library" button are you talking about? The Librarian menu? So you are saying you don't have any presets?

Can you click any of the drop-downs where it says PARTS in Xpand?

If you would like to try the full version of Pro Tools 2018, there is a free 30-day trial
http://www.avid.com/Trial/ProTools

And here is a video on how to activate it without an iLok in case you don't have one
https://youtu.be/x0prY209ai4

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-10-2018, 03:49 PM

I'm also curious where this Library button is. Not sure what platform you are on but on macOS a folder of presets for Xpand!2 should be in /Documents/Pro Tools/Plug-In Settings - do you see this on your system?

P.S. An account issue that prevents you from using it (like in your other thread) requires assistance by Avid CS, but as with our other free versions of software there is no assisted support included. That's why a System ID is not provided.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:54 PM

Do you have Avid Application Manager installed? Is that where you are getting your info? When you downloaded PT you had to create an account at Avid.com. If you sign in to your account at Avid.com you should be taken directly to My Account page. In the upper left box click on my products and subscriptions. This should bring up your account page with pro tools first downloads and xpand downloads. I dont think Pro Tools First uses system id, but if it does it should show up if you click on your PT First bar. If xpand is there you can click on that bar and then click on the word "show" in blue to expand to make downloads visible. Download the proper version for your system from there and it should fix your missing content. If you have a system id i believe it shows up in avid application manager also.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:38 PM

I wish they would let me post an image here without having to set up a URL.

@64GTOBOY, I did set up the Avid account and when I go to the my products and descriptions page it only shows Protools First with an ILok license, Xpand2 does not show up in any of the downloads.

@jeffro The Library button I am referring to is right under the "Preset" header in the Xpand2 window, it says "default" right under Preset. Nothing is in that dropdown. And I understand the "system ID" response now being that it is free software, that makes sense.

@Benoni Correct, there are no presets in the drop down window noted above.
I have actaully found the .Big file in two different locations on my C: drive
Old 12-10-2018, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Presets missing from Xpand!2

I read that you might need the latest Xpand2! version or 11.3 for presets to work. Are you ln a Windows or OSX computer?

And what Xpand version do you have there?

If you have a legit version of Xpand there should be installers for it under your Avid account.

My products and Subscriptions and then there should be a tab for PT First and there you should have an installer for Xpand2 and for both mac and pc.

You need to set the root folder for your presets and the content aka .big file.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-11-2018, 10:29 AM

I am a Windows 10 users, but when I log into my account there are no links to any downloads for XpandI2. There are others, but not that. I can create an XpandI2 insert within a track, but when I open the XpandI2 module, there are no presets available.

The version ( according to the Control Panel ) of XpandI2 is 18.3.0.1447

Another thing I have noticed is that when I try to use the actual application manager app, I can't sign in, even though I am POSITIVE I am using the right password. Very frustrating. I might try a different install on another computer and see what happens.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:22 PM

Hi, I had the same problem if I click next the default patch, I got access to all the presets.
I hope this helps
Old 03-13-2019, 04:39 AM

Something I've seen in Windows 10 if you are using OneDrive - depending on how OneDrive is setup it may move everything from the user documents folder and redirect your local documents setting to the OneDrive cloud documents folder. Check in OneDrive\Documents for a folder called Pro Tools. If that's there and populated and missing from your Username\Documents folder, that could be the issue. If so, you can move everything or change the default folder in PT Preferences.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I am a Windows 10 users, but when I log into my account there are no links to any downloads for XpandI2. There are others, but not that. I can create an XpandI2 insert within a track, but when I open the XpandI2 module, there are no presets available.

The version ( according to the Control Panel ) of XpandI2 is 18.3.0.1447

Another thing I have noticed is that when I try to use the actual application manager app, I can't sign in, even though I am POSITIVE I am using the right password. Very frustrating. I might try a different install on another computer and see what happens.

The installation of XPand2 is included in PTF. However the installer for 2018.7 (which I used) was broken and did not install the presets. The 2019.5 installer works. I used Win7 for 2018 and Win10 for 2019. If you still have the problem you should install the trial version of XPand2 from the AIM website and this will create all the presets for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk