Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2003, 02:48 PM

Default PTLE v.s sonar ????

ok my post got deleted .A SONAR USER told me sonar has infinity tracks. is this true?? i know my 002 has 32. right?? so what does sonar have that PTLE doesn't? I also heard that the 002 was compatible with sonar. is this true?? would there be any benefits from this?? (i mean if sonar has infinity tracks and all.)
Old 05-24-2003, 04:17 PM

Default Re: PTLE v.s sonar ????

Sonar has unlimited tracks,midi that kills everything except possibly Logic,way better and seamless support for virtual instruments and VST and DX plugs via the adapter,the ability to import acid files directly,WDM and Asio support,control surface support,OMF import/export.Full delay compensation all the way around(inserts/sends/outs).What it lacks compared to PTLE is sophisticated audio editing and post,but not that much,especially if you have Wavelab and can bring in any track without leaving the program.I use Sonar as my main app,and PT free on the side on another michine with a Win 98/2KK dual boot.I don't have either the 001 or 002 so I can't tell you how well they work.If they don't work that well now,I'm sure Cakewalk/Sonar will take care of that,they alway's do.
Old 05-24-2003, 04:39 PM

you should check out cubase sx. its pretty good. its basically the same as sonar but better because you can automate everything like you can in PT. editing and mixing is still much better in PT, but the good thing is that you have rewire and vst instruments built right in. and its much more stable than other versions of cubase. almost as stable as PT. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

i used to be a real downer on cubase, but sx is 10 times better than before. i'm really impressed by it.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by da BaSsTaRd!:
you can automate everything like you can in PT. and its much more stable than other versions of cubase. almost as stable as PT. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Everythings automatable in Sonar as well,even multiple options of plugins/synths.According to Cubase users themselves,the latest version is the least stable with many rolling back one.The "poof" issue being an especially emmbarasing problem.Plus no OMF yet,and Sonar is commited to being compatible with Digi hardware.I'd consider Nuendo 2.0 though.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:46 PM

I've been using Logic, Cubase and ProTools.

In my own experience. Logic is really powerful on MIDI sequencing and Recording.

Cubase is a better sequencer than ProTools too.

Since I'm mainly working on Audio Production, I stay on ProTools more .

But the Main reason is.. I love Protools because of its 'Totally Grey" Interface. Which made my eyes more confortable than looking at the the fancy look of Cubase....