Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Pro Tools file crashed on open.

I have a 6.2.3 File that crashes when the mixer window is opening. I tried importing all the tracks in to a new session, and it loaded further....it gave me a missing fade error and then crashed. Anybody have any ideas on how to get it open and fix it? I'm sorta screwed.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools file crashed on open.

this happened to me last week. Toss all the fades. That worked for me. Good Luck.

www.tompaul.com
Old 01-08-2005, 08:57 AM

Another possibility is (with Pro Tools NOT launched) to trash the Digidesign Databases folders on all mounted drives... they'll be rebuilt upon next PT launch. I had a similar crash-at-open situation that was fixed this way. Good luck.

Warmest Regards,
Brian
Old 01-08-2005, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Another possibility is (with Pro Tools NOT launched) to trash the Digidesign Databases folders on all mounted drives... they'll be rebuilt upon next PT launch. I had a similar crash-at-open situation that was fixed this way. Good luck.

Warmest Regards,
Brian
I 2nd this. In PT6, trash EVERY DIGIDESIGN DATABASE FOLDER, on every mounted drive. These things get corrupted more often than OS9 prefs, and PT crashes, stops launching, etc.. They cause all sorts of really bad things to happen. Symptoms really can look like hardware failures.