Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-04-2016, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Auto power on for Artist series ?

Neale / WilliebSR, just wanted to say thank you for the suggestions. I took a look in my Windows 7 startup and there are three links to executables there. Each of the three is for EUControl (I think one was start up and another was the actual EuControl). So, I'm guessing that these aren't starting in the right sequence or are starting too early.

Unfortunately with W7 it's hard to control for the user to control what starts first in startup. I'll have to think about this some more while getting some mixing done.

Thank you again for the suggestions.

Andy
Old 05-04-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alk3997 View Post
Unfortunately with W7 it's hard to control for the user to control what starts first in startup. I'll have to think about this some more while getting some mixing done.
Hi Andy, you can set up custom actions to manage launch order of services and apps. First, disable all EuCon startup entries:
  1. Open msconfig
  2. Choose the Startup tab
  3. Disable all Eucon entries

Now you can create a task in task scheduler. Here's how to have Eucon automatically start X number of minutes after Windows starts.
  1. Open Task Scheduler
  2. Click Task Scheduler Library
  3. Click Create Basic Task
  4. Add name and description, for example "EuCon Delay" and "Delays EuCon startup by X minutes."
  5. Click next
  6. Select "When I log on" and click next
  7. Select "Start a program" and click next
  8. Browse for the EuCon executable, choose next
  9. Tick the "Open the Properties dialog..." box and click Finish.
  10. In the Properties window, choose the Triggers tab
  11. Select the trigger and click Edit
  12. Tick the "Delay task for" box and enter a time. You can manually type the number of minutes. (see image)
  13. Click OK
  14. Click OK again
  15. Restart, and see if the delayed launch solves your issue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg delay task2.jpg (36.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-04-2016, 09:30 PM

Thank you, Mesaone!! I removed EuControl and then MC_Client (EUCON) and made them 30 second delay starts. That did the trick and now everything works at boot-up.

I'll try it for a few more days before I'm sure it's consistently working but it appears to be right now.

Thanks again!

Andy
Old 05-04-2016, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alk3997 View Post
Thank you, Mesaone!! I removed EuControl and then MC_Client (EUCON) and made them 30 second delay starts. That did the trick and now everything works at boot-up.
I'm really happy to hear that, I wish I would have thought of this when I encountered the same issue of EuCon crashing after launch. I only thought of a solution today, sitting in front of my fully-working system. Funny how that works. How did you specify 30 seconds? "0.5 minutes" in the delay field?

Last edited by mesaone; 05-04-2016 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
I'm really happy to hear that, I wish I would have thought of this when I encountered the same issue of EuCon crashing after launch. I only thought of a solution today, sitting in front of my fully-working system. Funny how that works. How did you specify 30 seconds? "0.5 minutes" in the delay field?
Right - 0.5 minutes. I'll bet it could be less but I'm just pleased it's working at 30 seconds.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:40 AM

It looks like Eucon 3.4 has fixed the issue with needing to delay the start of the Eucon drivers.

I've removed the delay in start times and let the Eucon drivers boot normally again. The original configuration with 3.4 has worked without any problems.

Andy