Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-12-2002, 09:03 PM

Default Bounced Audio plays slower on CD/pc??

Greetings,

I have a TDM/mac system with a 1622 board (software ver 5.0.1) and am having a problem when bouncing my final mix. The mix sounds fine when bouncing, but when I either burn to CD (using Masterlist CD) or transfer the audio to my PC, the playback is slower...
My session was recorded at 44.1 KHZ / 24 bit, and is bounced to stereo, 16 bit, 44.1 khz.. (i've tried converting to wav, and leaving it in sd2 format but no change).

Any help would be appreciated

-san
Old 02-12-2002, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Bounced Audio plays slower on CD/pc??

A couple of questions… 1) Is there an external clock (Aardsync, Nanosyncs, etc) connected to the system that was sending out 48k clock? 2) Is there a DAT machine that defaults to 48k connected to the I/O, with those channels set to digital in? If the answer's yes to either of those, you could have set the session's sample rate at 44.1 and STILL recorded 48k files (yep, been there, done that… aaarrggghh…). The session will play back at the proper speed as long as the external clocking source is hooked up, but as soon as you take the files to another playback device, they'll be slow.

I got around it by going analog out of my screwed-up PT session into a DAT machine & sending a S-PDIF line from the DAT to my LE Toolbox PT rig to print mixes(could have printed to DAT, but would rather create SDII files directly on the little system). Hope this helps.

Warmest Regards,
Brian
Old 02-12-2002, 10:13 PM

Brian,

Thank you very much for the reply.. as it turns out my MOTU midi timepiece had indeed defaulted back to it's factory defaults... and was spewing out a 48KhZ clock...

Hope you like Heineken... it's on the way..

-san
Old 02-12-2002, 10:53 PM

san,

As a musician buddy once said, "You're not a REAL engineer until you mess something up!". Welcome to the club — cheers & bottoms up!

Warmest Regards,
Brian