Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2012, 03:32 AM

Default Academic Eligibility - How to contact Avid?

Hi all,

I'm a full time Post Graduate student on a one year PGCE course at a UK University.

I think that this entitles me to an Academic pricing of PT 10.

http://www.avid.com/US/resources/Academic-Eligibility

I have my student card and acceptance/enrolment letter etc.

Two questions:

1) I would like to confirm that I am eligible BEFORE I buy the PT10 Academic priced copy.
2) Where and how do I contact Avid to confirm firstly that I'm eligible and secondly where or how do I send my student card copy/scan/details to?

I don't want to buy a copy of PT 10 to find out that Post Grad isn't accepted or there's a different system in the UK to US or something like that.

I basically want to simply confirm my situation and then in full confidence (that I can authorise my PT10) will happily pay.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 01-09-2012, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Academic Eligibility - How to contact Avid?

Contact a UK dealer.
You need to provide proof of student status at the point of purchase (that's here in the US, it may be different over there).
Old 01-09-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJ View Post
Hi all,

I'm a full time Post Graduate student on a one year PGCE course at a UK University.

I think that this entitles me to an Academic pricing of PT 10.

http://www.avid.com/US/resources/Academic-Eligibility

I have my student card and acceptance/enrolment letter etc.

Two questions:

1) I would like to confirm that I am eligible BEFORE I buy the PT10 Academic priced copy.
2) Where and how do I contact Avid to confirm firstly that I'm eligible and secondly where or how do I send my student card copy/scan/details to?

I don't want to buy a copy of PT 10 to find out that Post Grad isn't accepted or there's a different system in the UK to US or something like that.

I basically want to simply confirm my situation and then in full confidence (that I can authorise my PT10) will happily pay.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yep, as above, contact Studica, they will just need some proof, which you have!

http://www.studica.com/
Old 01-14-2012, 03:31 AM

It seems that all the distributers that I email state that eligibility is submitted to Avid and NOT at point of purchase. Even in the ebay ad of Absolute Music they say that evidence must be submitted to them, but after speaking to them they say, "NO, it Avid who it is submitted to".

So how does it work in the UK?

Where can I find out information?

Old 01-14-2012, 11:17 AM

Get hold of Andertons, you should need to just scan your ID and email it over, unless this has changed since 9.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:20 AM

If you buy from an authorised reseller of Avid then the wont ship you the product until you have provided proof of entitlement. If you dont meet the criteria they cant ship you the goods but on the spin side they cant bill you either (this was explained to me clearly when I was ordering).

As long as you are currently registered at University and can produce a student ID dated for current academic year then you are fine (in fact same applies if you are at collecge too).

I recently (less than 3 months ago) bought the PT8LE to PT9 Student Crossgrade and simply emailed a copy of my student ID.

and the added bonus is as a student you get 4 years free upgrades ... so immediately I registered PT9, I got an email me I could download PT10 for free.