Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2018, 02:04 PM

Default 3rd Monitor Choice / Audio for Picture

ATM i use a Mac Pro 6.1 with a D-300/12core/64Ram and two thunderbolt displays for mostly soundediting.
I would like to upgrade the setup and get a third monitor to showing the picture. I tested a directly hdmi connected panasonic tv which seemed to work quite smoothly, even though i'm using a feature length h.264 (in full quality mode).

What would you recommend from your long term experience, when it comes performance in bigger sessions and video stability. Would you recommend an external video hardware right away or would stay with the mentioned setup for now? If yes, what specific video hardware would suggest combined with a trashcan?

Also are there any specific TVs/Monitors which can be recommended? I'm thinking about getting a Samsung Frame, just because it is very flat and would save some studio space.

Béla Brandes | www.bbsounddesign.de