Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2018, 05:32 PM

Default EuCon and Settings

I recently downloaded PC Control and EuCon 3.7 to connect ProTools to my iPad2. I'm running Windows 10 and ProTools LE v8.05. It seems like the iPad is connected to ProTools but I cannot get any real data to come up to enable me to operate from the iPad - just blank faders. I am not able to launch the EuCon program as when I try to open it, it does nothing so it won't allow me to change any settings. It does appear as though its running in the background because if I don't open it, PT Control tells me it is not connected. Also, in PT, if I go to preferences, it does not show me the box to check for EuCon.

Anyone else have problems opening Eucon to enable changes?

Last edited by rbodnar339; 02-19-2018 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 02-21-2018, 03:41 PM

Default Re: EuCon and Settings

PTLE8? Didn't even know that would launch under Windows 10. And can't remember if that was the first version with EuCon support... it's really old. You're going to struggle with that version. Subscribe to PT2018 and everything with EuCon will work.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbodnar339 View Post
Also, in PT, if I go to preferences, it does not show me the box to check for EuCon.
That would be because it does not support Eucon. No LE version supported Eucon. Avid bought Euphonix in 2010 and the first support for Eucon showed up in 2010 during Pro Tool 9 (LE had been disbanded after 8)
Old 02-22-2018, 05:38 AM

I guess that my issue is more basic in nature. I cannot even open Eucon on my Windows 10 system to change any of the settings though it does seem to be running in the background because when opening PT Control on the iPad, it is telling me that I'm connected. I am not really interested in subscribing to PT2018 - I like LE 8.05 and it does everything I need it to do from a recording/editing perspective.

Is there another way to operate my LE system from the iPAD (or another tool) so that I do not need to consistently get up and walk behind the desk to work from my computer screen?
Old 02-22-2018, 06:03 AM

Check out Neyrinck's app:

https://neyrinck.com/v-control-pro/

His app predates PT Control by many years and I think it runs on the HUI protocol which PTLE8 should support (??).