Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 08-08-2011, 01:58 AM

Default Playback issue - Solid Stop/Flashing Play

So I'm running into a global issue that I've seen others post about occasionally, but I've heard of no solid answer to this issue. Here's the details, and any insight would be helpful.

All of my sessions are having this issue. These sessions were just opened and functioning properly as of a week ago on the same setup. Last action performed prior to save was a stereo bounce of the sessions.

I'm on a Mac Mini (newest gen) with OSX 10.6.8, an M-Audio Ozonic F/W interface, utilizing a Command 8 surface. Whenever I attempt playback (either key commands or clicking the "Play" button), I get a pause of about 2 seconds before the stop button lights solid blue and the play button flashes green. No amount of waiting begins playback. I have verified countoff is turned off (although this function should only apply to recording) and I have attempted the trick mentioned of changing the H/W buffer size. Nothing works so far.

The only thing I have done since this started was do a couple software updates on what I figured to be completely unrelated software (like iTunes and Safari). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
~Josh
Old 08-08-2011, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Playback issue - Solid Stop/Flashing Play

Sounds like you have machine control or 9 pin control enabled
This happens when waiting for a sync point

Look In bottom of edit window left side does it say waiting for sync point ?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
http://www.studio-techservices.com

าำ
[email protected]m
Mitch Berger Tech Services

We service ALL Avid products no Problem
HD192, 192, Omni, Control Surface, Pre, XMON, 192HD AD & DA / Accel Cards, Everything

ALL NEW HD192 AD -DA modification. the difference is incredible... no need to ship the entire unit , fast turn around

inquiry using link above
Repairs of SSL-Neve- Consoles and Repair ALL Modern & Vintage Gear
Old 08-08-2011, 01:21 PM

Yeah, that's what was confusing me. I wasn't online (turned it on and off) and it didn't indicate it was waiting for sync. I did reboot my system and it cleared the issue though. Still a strange bug. At least I can work again. Thanks for the suggestion!

I'll see if I might be able to duplicate the issue though and submit a ticket.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:47 PM

It doesn't need to be online
if the transport is not PT

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
http://www.studio-techservices.com

าำ
[email protected]m
Mitch Berger Tech Services

We service ALL Avid products no Problem
HD192, 192, Omni, Control Surface, Pre, XMON, 192HD AD & DA / Accel Cards, Everything

ALL NEW HD192 AD -DA modification. the difference is incredible... no need to ship the entire unit , fast turn around

inquiry using link above
Repairs of SSL-Neve- Consoles and Repair ALL Modern & Vintage Gear
Old 08-09-2011, 05:12 PM

Oh yeah, good point. It would indicate that in the transport window as well, wouldn't it?
Old 08-10-2011, 01:41 AM

Ok I'm having the same issue and machine control is not on. Also I don't know where the 9 pin option is, but I've uninstalled and re-installed Pro Tools 3 times for the same issue. Doing what seems to be 1oo diagnostics and system checks, updates, and so on, I cannot seem to figure out why this keeps happening. I've disabled all but Pro Tools and Finder (running Mac OS 10.6.8) and it seems to work for a couple of loads then, it just won't play. In the bottom left hand corner (when I click play) it says "pause" then nothing happens. I can change tracks using the midi controller (Axiom 49, 2nd gen) but no midi indication on playing a note. Please help me if you can :)