How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2012, 12:16 PM

Default Novation Automap 4.2 plugin control problem

Hello,

Just bought a Novation Impulse 61 and installed Automap 4.2 which was incredible for about 10 minutes. I installed and linked Automap to all my plugins and had no problem controlling parameters using the knobs on the Impulse for a bit, then all of a sudden, the knobs stopped changing plugin data. The knobs still show the correct plugin parameter both on the blue screen on the keyboard and within the plugin window in PTs, but when I move the knob, the value is frozen and inputs no changes. Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks!

Matt
Old 02-24-2012, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Novation Automap 4.2 plugin control problem

Did you turn on preview mode on the keyboard? Shift and Controls/Preview button. This is so you can tweak the knobs to see what it's controlling, without changing values. Just a thought
Old 02-24-2012, 03:52 PM

I had pressed a few buttons on the Impulse including the Shift/Learn but Preview doesn't seem to be lit up and I've successfully shut off Preview mode without fixing the problem. Thank you for trying though!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:32 AM

Did you fix this? I had tons of issues getting my impulse to work right. I found I had to run automap as administrator and I had to reset up protools after my preferences crashed.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:33 AM

I did fix it, but I really have no idea how. I'm not one to let things go unexplained but I restarted Pro Tools and the Impulse a few times and eventually the problem just went away. I do now have a brand new problem with the Impulse which is that the C3 midi note sends random on messages constantly. I've discovered that it's somehow related to the bottom left drum pad and that when I press that pad the C3 note ceases temporarily only to start up again soon after. Fun stuff. Novation tech support suggested I use Snoize to suss out the midi messages but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

www.snoize.com Midi Monitor