Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2012, 02:52 PM

Default Avid artist mix - pro tools 10hd

Alright... so i found some info which seemed reliable enough in regards to the quality behind the new AVID ARTIST MIX unit.. i' hear Avid bought out Euphonix & now the new EUCON protocol is all that and a bag of chips!!

well, as crappy luck would have it... our local music stores quit carrying high end stuff... amazing what they consider to be HIGh end these days but anyway... i need a mixing console i can toss in my laptop bag n' go to a clients studio and / or home to do some editing/ over-dubs what have you... simple stuff for the most.. but i cant ask them to head out to my place every time i wanna run something by them....

mackie is out of the question, messed around with their MCU... god noh! not taking that thing with me every single time!!

i have come across an offer which is too good to pass up & can get my hands on one BRAND NEW! direct from AVID! SPECIAL ORDER so there's no return!

PLEASE!! I need first hand experience, as in actually working on pro tools, i've seen automated faders for 10 years.. its a little boring after a while!! hahahahah.....

i do appreciate it!! i need to pull the trigger on this beauty & get on with tracking in 2 weeks time!! gotta bring it in & mess with it b4 i can feel comfortable showing it off for my client!

thanks y'all!!

Old 06-10-2012, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Avid artist mix - pro tools 10hd

The Artist Series have complete and very tight integration with Pro Tools now that Avid has bought the company. They used to have to use the HUI protocol but now it is complete and integrated. and it just works. If it is a Euphonix badged one then make sue it is a recent one. Then when you install it on your Pro Tools rig it will update the firmware, install the Pro Tools App set and you are good to go.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:51 AM

I got one, back when it was Euphonix. And had several issues back then (loud fader noise, caps flying off due to movements, that where to rapidly, recognition failures, etc). Was a real mess.
But obviously all of this was able to be resolved with firmare updates, and now it's rocksolid, and even has the Avid logos in the screen - so I guess there's no difference, if you get an older Euphonix or a newer Avid item, at least firmware-wise.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 06-10-2012, 09:43 AM

Use the Artist Mix for when I work outside of my private studio on Pro Tools. Excellent for going from studio to studio. Setup is quick and easy and it just works. Can't say enough about how it makes working with Pro Tools much faster. I actually two of them.... a second one for my Logic rig.

Syn-g
www.bulletsage.com
Old 06-10-2012, 05:57 PM

Excellent!! i'll place an order tomorrow then!!

UPDATE* deal fell through with said music store.. alas they're all the same nowadays... i was hoping to
support my local economy but apparently, my hard earned is not welcome here....

thats too bad... i'll hold off till I actually need to mix.. in about a month or so... thanks for the posts!
I am def. sold on these now,...