Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2008, 02:25 AM

Default Pro Tools LE 7.4.2 for leopard update from 7.0

Hi everyone!

Like many of you I have been anxiously awaiting Pro Tools LE to become leopard compatible.

Firstly i want to congratulate everyone a digidesign on getting the software leopard compatible. thanks - greatly appriciated!

I bought my copy of Pro Tools 7.0 just over a year ago, to run on my Powerbook G4. Which unfortunately for me NEVER ran successfully.

(1. due to not enough power through the USB ports in this particular model of the PowerBook-G4. 2. the system must have never had enough power or ram - crashed every time you had more than one track.)

So... I go buy the brand new MacBook Pro this year (yes, with leopard.) and I have NEVER been able to use my copy of Pro Tools 7.0 successfully. (The system requirements on the PTLE 7.0 said it would run fine on my old PowerBookG4)

..So what I am wondering is is there any kind of free upgrade, or even just cheaper upgrade for someone upgrading from PTLE 7.0 to 7.4.2?

I guess this is just really bad luck, because I have spent so much time and money trying to get Pro Tools running. but if anyone, or the crew from digi could get back to me on this would be much appriciated.

thanks people

-Josh.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 7.4.2 for leopard update from 7.0

Quote:
..So what I am wondering is is there any kind of free upgrade, or even just cheaper upgrade for someone upgrading from PTLE 7.0 to 7.4.2?
It's unfortunate that you've had so many problems. It's also unfortunate that there's not really any discounted upgrade from 7.0 to 7.4. You're really a paid upgrade behind already (7.3 was a paid upgrade too), so your only real choice is to purchase the $75 7.4 upgrade from the digistore.