Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-18-2005, 12:12 AM

Default problems synching PT 6.7 TDM to Ableton Live

Hi All,

I'm trying to sync Pro Tools TDM 6.7 to Ableton Live on my laptop via MTC. I need Live to be the master. Do I need a sync i/o in order to achieve this or can i use MTC with my motu interface? I don't need precise lock just general time ref.

I've tried to do this using the Generic MTC Reader in Peripherals setup. I pick my MOTU micro express and the proper channel but fail to see time code when i put pt online. Live is successfully ouputting timecode as i see the lights flickering on my midi interfaces.

I have successfully synched in reverse using pt as master and live as slave but that's not what i need.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Cory
Old 05-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Avid

Default Re: problems synching PT 6.7 TDM to Ableton Live

Is it possible your Pro Tools Session start time does not match that of the incoming time code?

In Pro Tools, go to Windows>Show Session Setup - press play in Live and, in the upper right of the Session Setup window, look to see if the 'Incoming Time' starts to scroll. If so, you know you're getting TC into PT. In that same window, above the 'incoming time', you'll see the session start time - make sure the session start time is the same or earlier than the start of your incoming time.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Re: problems synching PT 6.7 TDM to Ableton Live

Thanks for your reply. No the "incoming time" does not scroll when I press play on live. So I guess PT is not getting time code for some reason.