Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 03-10-2018, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Xmon Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by francois View Post
I contacted 2 repair center so far with no luck on the overlay
I have already repaired the D Command, the Logic Power Supply was damaged and has already been replaced by a new one. 👍🏻
Old 03-21-2018, 02:43 PM

still trying to locate and buy the D-command AUTOWRITE overlay
Any suggestion ?
Thanks
Francois
Old 03-27-2018, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by francois View Post
still trying to locate and buy the D-command AUTOWRITE overlay
Any suggestion ?
Thanks
Francois
My suggestion? seriously don't even worry about it. I've not got it on mine and I use those buttons all the time. Like most buttons on the D-COmmand, I've used it long enough to barely EVER read any of them, I just 'know' them, inc most of the soft keys, automatch, the whole customer fader buttons area, the do to all/display etc area and all the ones under the encoders. It becomes second nature for me, and most, not for you?

The time you spend worrying about having the 'correct' labelling on one tiny part of d-command could have been spent learning the real (new) layout just by using them and forcing them into your brain. Try it with lights out (I often mix in the dark on D-Command, it's so well laid out with tons of space around stuff and trains your brain to just get to know it). It's just FIVE buttons afterall and you can easily remember the top/main one is 'all' as it's (now) obvious. The other 4 can easily be learned. In fact 'start' and 'end' are also effortless to remember, i.e all swapped with start, you know all is now the top (cos it makes more sense) and 'start'/'end' makes sense to be left and right just underneath. That leaves just two on the bottom to learn. There after just ignore the current writing or cover it up so as not to conflict your memory.

I'm not saying it's ideal, nor that you should give up your search, just that I don't see the big deal to worry about it when the writing on D-command is secondary to it's amazing muscle memory/second nature ability once you've used it a good while.

If you are REALLY bothered and can't source once, just print yourself one out on some sticky paper with a similar shade of 'off white' printed, cut out the button holes and stick it on! done. Bit ghetto but better than worrying (if it does continue to worry you)