Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2004, 11:00 AM

Default PT Keyboard Shortcuts Modifying Waves Plugins

Everytime I use a Pro Tools keyboard shortcut I end up changing a parameter on a WAVES plugin. Can this be changed? Whats the best way to control PT and WAVES?

-c
Old 06-13-2004, 05:44 AM

Default Re: PT Keyboard Shortcuts Modifying Waves Plugins

Hey Chuck,

James here, again... was going through the last week's DUC and saw this post along with another one that I already replied to.

You may want to check with others, but I seem to remember something about a bug, or glitch, that if the top track in your edit window is not active i.e. muted or an unregistered track (no voice assigned) then the keyboard shortcuts don't always work right... so try making sure the top track in your edit window isn't muted and that it has a voice allocated to it (registered). Or move a track to the top that's never muted (and it's registered).

I could be totally and dead wrong, but thought this might start you in the right direction.

Best,
James
Old 06-13-2004, 10:29 AM

This is a big hassle that i curse daily. If you have a waves plug window open, you need to hit the escape key before you attempt to use a PT key command. I really wish waves would fix this. So annoying.

www.tompaul.com
Old 06-13-2004, 01:39 PM

Once you have made any Waves plug-in modification you need to use the "Return" key to return to key commands affecting PTs.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:44 PM

hold SHIFT when you open Pro Tools! Waves preferences will pop up and you can change it there
Old 11-30-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcox View Post
hold SHIFT when you open Pro Tools! Waves preferences will pop up and you can change it there
I'm afraid this is wrong! You can change some things there but not the "shortcut stealing". Waves comments this was by design.. whatever...if waves one day stoops to implement a switch for this then it may be right in this this window.

Last edited by Nick Camaron; 12-24-2013 at 07:55 AM.