Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2009, 03:15 PM

Default Can't fade imported tracks

I suspect that this problem has a simple resolution, but being a newb at Pro Tools (LE 7.4) it's got me stumped.

I imported and converted to WAV format some drum tracks that came in AIFF format. Then I recorded several guitar tracks. Everything sounds great except I can't get the drum tracks to fade out at the end. My guitar tracks fade out just fine, but when I try to apply a fade to the drum tracks, I either get the "One or more fade requests are invalid due to insufficient audio data within the fade bounds..." error message, or I don't get an error message at all. When the latter happens, I apply the fade but no fade line appears on the drum tracks, and there's no fading in the playback. The drum tracks are not locked.

I'm running Vista on an HP Pavilion Slimline s3220n PC with a 2.6Ghz AMD Athlon processor and 2GB of RAM. I've got a Mbox 2 Mini.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-16-2009, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Can't fade imported tracks

Did you do some editing on the end of those drum tracks? Try (and you can group the drums if you like.) highlighting from the end to about an inch back, then consolidate to make sure you have longer files. Then try fading from the end to about 3/4's the way back and see if it works. (increments of size are just an example.)
Old 06-16-2009, 03:42 PM

You could also use volume automation to do the fade. Of assign the drum tracks to a stereo bus and use the bus fader automation. There are several ways to skin the digital cat.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-16-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rqstudio View Post
Did you do some editing on the end of those drum tracks? Try (and you can group the drums if you like.) highlighting from the end to about an inch back, then consolidate to make sure you have longer files. Then try fading from the end to about 3/4's the way back and see if it works. (increments of size are just an example.)
You're right - I did do some editing on the end of those drum tracks. And your solution worked, too. I'll have to be a little more careful next time.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:57 PM

Sounds like you had fades on them already when you brought them in possibly?

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"