Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2012, 11:08 PM

Exclamation Protools 9 Error on Startup BDM_Workspace.cpp line 1424

Hello everyone, would anyone have the answer to this issue? I have installed my drivers, and now Pro Tools and I get this error after attemping to start the program.
--
Protools 9 could not complete your request becasue assertion in "..\..\BDM\BDM_Workspace.cpp", line 1424
--

What should I do?
Old 06-03-2012, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Protools 9 Error on Startup BDM_Workspace.cpp line 1424

It could be an old/unsupported plugin. Only way to know for sure is to remove all your 3rd party plugins and add them one by one to see when the error occurs. You might also try a complete uninstall/reinstall of Pro Tools.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 06-04-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post
It could be an old/unsupported plugin. Only way to know for sure is to remove all your 3rd party plugins and add them one by one to see when the error occurs. You might also try a complete uninstall/reinstall of Pro Tools.
Thanks for the reply. I have no plugins installed, and this problem is occuring on a fresh install. I have since uninstalled fully and reinstalled, to no avail. I have used this disc before to install with out any issues.

The error message appears on startup after the splash screen. The main window opens with the splash on top of it, and it locks up at "Initializing Databases".

Again, there are no plugins installed except whatever came on the original install disk, and the install has worked before. Any ideas?

--

Specs:

And I am on version 9.0.6 Pro Tools 9
Old 06-05-2012, 12:52 AM

Have you successfully run Pro Tools before on the same pc? A reinstall would still be worth trying. Does it happen with 9.0.2? It could also be a conflict with some other program running in the background, or a problem with Windows itself. Have you gone through all the optimizations for Windows 7? If still no luck, post a SANDRA.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
Old 06-14-2012, 08:48 AM

I have the exact same problem. I have tried to restart, reinstall, reinstall again, clear all files from computer then reinstall again, updated to newest version.

I don't have any plugs (except of course for the ones installing themselves at normal install).

Nothing seems to work. If someone get a fix to this, please share it.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:59 AM

Just doing a quick Google search, some people have fixed this error by removing any audio CD's from the CD drives, and by trashing Preferences. There are some other things that worked also for different people so you might want to do a little research on it. You should still post a SANDRA report in case it's hardware related.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
Old 07-11-2012, 04:57 PM

Exclamation Re: Protools 9 Error on Startup BDM_Workspace.cpp line 1424

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post
Just doing a quick Google search, some people have fixed this error by removing any audio CD's from the CD drives, and by trashing Preferences. There are some other things that worked also for different people so you might want to do a little research on it. You should still post a SANDRA report in case it's hardware related.
Thanks for the replies. I have since uninstalled Pro Tools 9 and installed Pro Tools 10. I got the authentication working and I am still getting the same error.

Google searching has only told me to remove any CD's. My drives are empty, and my virtual drives are also empty. There are no CD's in the drives.

I am getting the same error as before, now on Pro Tools 10. I have cleared my prefs and databases, and still the same error.

I have included a sandra report here: http://uploading.com/files/get/c1549...r%2BReport.rar (not sure where else to upload the 364kb file)

Any ideas?