Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2011, 06:04 AM

Default Upgrade to PT 10 in a day (right away not waiting 10 days)

Avid, I need to upgrade to PT 10 HD. I want to buy your $599 support deal so that I can get my PT HD BUT...I do not want to wait 10 days for the transaction to get processed. I am about to start a feature film and I simply can not wait 10 days, the producer wants to start right away. Can it be arranged that I get my update immediately as soon as I pay my $599 to my dealer (I'll pay cash if that makes it faster)? Common, why does it have to take 10 days, it is just a download. Please note, that after I get PT 10, I also have to upgrade some of my plugins and test the system, this will also take some before I can start post on my feature film.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:09 AM
Avid

Default Re: Upgrade to PT 10 in a day (right away not waiting 10 days)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
Avid, I need to upgrade to PT 10 HD. I want to buy your $599 support deal so that I can get my PT HD BUT...I do not want to wait 10 days for the transaction to get processed. I am about to start a feature film and I simply can not wait 10 days, the producer wants to start right away. Can it be arranged that I get my update immediately as soon as I pay my $599 to my dealer (I'll pay cash if that makes it faster)? Common, why does it have to take 10 days, it is just a download. Please note, that after I get PT 10, I also have to upgrade some of my plugins and test the system, this will also take some before I can start post on my feature film.
The speed will very much depend on your dealer as well. He of course has to confirm and place the order with Avid before we even know about it. You are paying the dealer, not Avid.

Your dealer can also ask his sales rep to do everything possible to get you up and running with 10 asap.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
The speed will very much depend on your dealer as well. He of course has to confirm and place the order with Avid before we even know about it. You are paying the dealer, not Avid.

Your dealer can also ask his sales rep to do everything possible to get you up and running with 10 asap.
\

Dealer said 10 days! May be I can pay Avid directly? through the Avid on line web shop?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
\

Dealer said 10 days! May be I can pay Avid directly? through the Avid on line web shop?
Another way to do it is for Avid to make the full version download available (time constrained like the 10 day demo) so I can download and start using it. Then, when I pay my $599 you just validate my copy though I-lock.