Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2002, 10:23 AM

Default HD2 upgrade ... it\'s been 7 weeks and still waiting

this is insane... Bought an HD2 upgrade and 192 and rev one on June 28th and still waiting... anyone else???
Old 08-14-2002, 07:49 PM

Default Re: HD2 upgrade ... it\'s been 7 weeks and still waiting

I ordered an HD2 and two PREs on June 14. No word yet. How did all these folks get theirs so soon?
Old 08-14-2002, 08:19 PM

I ordered mine on June 26th and received it around two weeks ago. I still thought that was too long - but anyway. The things I credit to gettign it sooner than yours are ( and they are all gueses mind you - I have no idea what really works ).

1. I upgraded through a dealer - the dealer pestered them repeatedly to keep my priority high. Some dealers may have more sucess at this than others.
2. I paid for the entire ugrade in advance.
3. It was a big upgrade (two HD3 rigs, two sync I/O's, seven 192's and three midi I/O's).

Did you guys upgrade directly?

I still don't actually have it all - I'm still waiting on my Digital Cables (which I really need!!!) and the Midi I/O's and a D/A card. I'm about to build the cables myself (they might turn out better - or not). I can't build the DA card myself though.
Old 08-14-2002, 08:30 PM

We're into week seven here on an HD2 plus I/O.

Dealer expects to see it on Friday or Monday. Shipping to us will take another 3-4 days. So maaaayybeee by end of next week we'll be able to begin the install.

(Well, actually we'll probably have to wait a few days until we can clear the studio schedule.)
Old 08-14-2002, 09:56 PM

Anyone that ordered on the 14th should have their system by now. Something is wrong. Talk to your dealer.

Anyone that ordered in the last few (say, 3) days of the month of June is waiting. I'm still waiting, myself. Product has just recently come into Digi's hands and they're shipping it out now.

Paul, your system was very big and I'm sure that your dealer used some leveridge to get yours to show up with some degree of priority. I had a couple of clients that we succeeded with getting emergency situations handled uniquely as well.

My guess is that this will all be cleared up in the next week or so. The lesson I learned was not to wait until the last three days of a 6 month upgrade cycle to order my upgrade.

Nika.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:48 AM

Ordered here in Sydney on the 13th of June and not a thing yet, HD2/192

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2002, 03:36 PM

Quote:
My guess is that this will all be cleared up in the next week or so. The lesson I learned was not to wait until the last three days of a 6 month upgrade cycle to order my upgrade.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes Indeed - that's why I ordered on Wednesday the 26th - late but maybe a day or two ahead of the masses. I wanted to order before the 15th but I was waiting on my loan to go through!

As of yesterday, both control rooms are completely switched over with no hassles what-so-ever.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:02 PM

Well... the promise date for my HD2 upgrade and 192 I/O that was ordered on June 28th has now gone to new promise date on Aug 26....

I can understand a spike in demand means longer order fullfillment, but this is 2x to 3x the stated delivery time of 3 to 4 weeks... Yikes...

Maybe Digi should compensate those of us that have been loyal customers and have been stuck in this late delivery cycle by extending their plugin promo...