Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2017, 04:41 PM
Avid

Default Re: PT 12.8 is now up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWing View Post
I'm just trying to figure why my Midi tracks, East West, starting playing out of tune with each other, 2 instances & different patches, after 15 minutes and the AIR Plugins don't work at all now. I smell a "Roll Back" comin.
Uh Oh! Out of tune literally meaning pitch is no longer correct? Make sure to report this to support if you're able so that we can troubleshoot what's going on.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacov View Post
Anyone knows if AIR Mini Grand has been fixed too? The AIR Instrument Bundle on my account is still the same 12.0

A fix has been released but only via the Avid Application Manager. You should see AIR Instruments Bundle 12.5. It may appear in your user account as well, as of today, it wasn't in mine though.

Mac Pro (2013)
3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB Memory
OS X 10.12.6

PT 2018.1
Old 06-26-2017, 05:36 PM

My rig just froze COMPLETELY. Had to power down Mac from power button.
What else is in store with this one?!

HD Native * PT 2018.12 * OS X 10.13.6 * MacPro 12 Core * 2.4GHz 24GB Ram * 2XUAD2 Octo * Waves Platinum * Lexicon PCM Native Bundle * Sound Toys Bundle* AutoTune8 * NI Komplete11 * BFD3 * Synthogy Ivory II* Vienna Ensemble Pro * Spectrasonics * Slate trigger2 *xFer records * Softube * Vienna Ensemble * DMG Expurgate * Massey DRT2 *
iPad Air/Avid control * EuCon 18.3.0.217 *
Old 06-26-2017, 05:57 PM

And also had the iLok thing happen. Also- Seems like delay in automation is much greater than before... Anyone else seeing this?

HD Native * PT 2018.12 * OS X 10.13.6 * MacPro 12 Core * 2.4GHz 24GB Ram * 2XUAD2 Octo * Waves Platinum * Lexicon PCM Native Bundle * Sound Toys Bundle* AutoTune8 * NI Komplete11 * BFD3 * Synthogy Ivory II* Vienna Ensemble Pro * Spectrasonics * Slate trigger2 *xFer records * Softube * Vienna Ensemble * DMG Expurgate * Massey DRT2 *
iPad Air/Avid control * EuCon 18.3.0.217 *
Old 06-26-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor@@vid View Post
Uh Oh! Out of tune literally meaning pitch is no longer correct? Make sure to report this to support if you're able so that we can troubleshoot what's going on.
VERY weird. I think I tracked it down. Axiom 49 (original) controller being USB powered into a USB Presonus interface. Midi OUT of controller to Midi IN of Presonus.

When I record armed both tracks at the same time and played after about 15 minutes the display on the controller started to arbitrarily change and everything was going out of tune. So I pulled the USB cable, used a power supply it came with and rebooted. It appears to be fine now. Maybe the USB powering the Axiom 49 was screwing things up. Just to push it I record enabled two more tracks with different EW instances and patches and it seems ok. Its entirely possible that the new 12.8 PT was getting confused whether it should get the midi info off the USB OR off the 5 pin midi cable as well.

If this appears again I'll file a report and thanks for the very quick response! :)

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 06-26-2017, 07:01 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
And also had the iLok thing happen. Also- Seems like delay in automation is much greater than before... Anyone else seeing this?
Might be worth a specific thread with more info, even a session with no audio that demonstrates the issue for the community to see and help troubleshoot. Sounds bad so we of course want to get to the bottom of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWing View Post
VERY weird. I think I tracked it down. Axiom 49 (original) controller being USB powered into a USB Presonus interface. Midi OUT of controller to Midi IN of Presonus.

When I record armed both tracks at the same time and played after about 15 minutes the display on the controller started to arbitrarily change and everything was going out of tune. So I pulled the USB cable, used a power supply it came with and rebooted. It appears to be fine now. Maybe the USB powering the Axiom 49 was screwing things up. Just to push it I record enabled two more tracks with different EW instances and patches and it seems ok. Its entirely possible that the new 12.8 PT was getting confused whether it should get the midi info off the USB OR off the 5 pin midi cable as well.

If this appears again I'll file a report and thanks for the very quick response! :)
Sounds good, glad to hear it's just the occasional MIDI oddity.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:58 PM

All good here. Download & install via AAM without a glitch. No hassles or funny business whatsoever. Great!

Nothing to report...

T

At work; 2013 27" iMac/i5/2.9GHz/8GB, OSX 10.8.5, PT 10.3.6

At home; Custom Made Mac (Hackintosh) i7 (3770 "Ivy Bridge")/3.4GHz/32GB@2400MHz, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB System Drive, Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB Audio Drive, OSX 10.10.5, PT 12.8.1
Old 06-26-2017, 08:03 PM

I just installed 12.8, used the Avid Application Manager to update all my plug-ins and Creative Bundle. Opened up a session and...things are slower than previous. Takes longer to open the Bounce Dialogue, takes longer for the Bounce Progression Dialogue to open and a few other things that are slower to open. Then I checked Batch Fades, still not fixed. Then I bounced out a few MP3s from a couple of different sessions, then went to close a session - crash. Same crashing after Bouncing then opening a new session or closing one that I've experienced with 12.6, 12.6.1, 12.7 and 12.7.1. Rolled back to 12.4 using an image I had created before updating. Pro Tools is now working as I expect it to.

Windows 10 Creators Update.

I applaud Avid for working as hard as they obviously have on this release, but the two things I needed fixed that weren't, Batch Fades and no crashing after a Bounce, keep me on 12.4.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction

Last edited by The Weed; 06-26-2017 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
Can anyone explain how to figure out what the Parallel Task Optimizations
Preference settings should be?

I'm an HD user, but I really don't do any surround mixing. Maybe this feature will be something I can use.
Check the "What's new" document, it explains it. I haven't had much time with it yet. But it's good news for people with more cores. It's a very nice addition if it works as intended. Another nice addition is finally a hotkey for the Universe window, alt+7 on win. It's a good overlooked feature that will get much more use from me now, since it won't have the tedious edit/mix slow-down.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=391943
Old 06-27-2017, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy-T View Post
All good here. Download & install via AAM without a glitch. No hassles or funny business whatsoever. Great!

Nothing to report...

T
Good for you.
Did the same and got that "You need an active plan" message.
Although my plan expires next year :-0

Got to love Avid

Cheers,

A