Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2009, 07:50 PM

Default [D-COMMAND] HELP - Plug-in map in Protools 8

Hi,
Just got PT8 and playing with it right now,
The exciting new feature is custom Plug-in Map, I was able to remap some of the Waves plug-ins the way and knobs order I want.
But the problem is:
- Once I have a custom map setup, I rename and save it (IE: VEQ4) I made it as Default so next time I open another project, it will appear as default.
BUT, The Mono and stereo version of the plug-in will not be the same.
IE: If I remapped and save with STEREO plugin version, the Mono version will still have the factory Mapping (And vice versa)... - NOT the new custom.
I tried to save/export and import into the Mono version but the MONO PlugIn will not accept it, the factory default Map is still there
So, My question is:
Is it true we'll have to remap for both version Stereo and Mono of the Plug-ins? If not, how to remap only once and both will have it (The new custom map) ?
God, I hope you will understand what I am trying to say :)
Thanks! and have a nice day to you all!
Sonny
Old 01-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Avid

Default Re: [D-COMMAND] HELP - Plug-in map in Protools 8

Hi Sonny,

At present with Pro Tools 8, you'll need to create a unique plug-in map for different channel widths, so one for mono, one for stereo, etc. However, note that you can share the same map between the TDM and RTAS version of a plug-in (as long as it's the same number of channels in both cases).

This is definitely something we'd like to improve in the future, though (along with customizing control names).

Cheers!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:42 AM

Hi Rob,
So it's a limitation and not a bug, thanks for confirm that :)
I, however found a workaround, I just map the Mono only, then with stereo track, I load dual mono instead... and it worked!
I wish I can customize Plug-ins in dedicate EQ/Comp Knobs... Right now, it's a mess... like RenComp, the Output knob mapped on page 2 while Page 1 still have 2 knobs un-use.
do you think it will possible sometime in the future?

I am very new in Icon world (just few days)... i have to learn how to use by myself, hopefully will learn some tip and trick from expert at NAMM (Tomorrow 01/15)
regards
Sonny
Old 01-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Avid

Hi Sonny,

Customizable EQ/Dynamics sections with plug-in mapping isn't in the cards any time soon, unfortunately. But please keep sending feedback on ICON -- we'd love to hear how you're liking it and what needs improving!

Welcome to the ICON world!

Cheers,