Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Mac OS X

Old 01-09-2018, 05:29 PM

Default Mic not giving feedback

So at at first i had a issue with my interface not showing hardware at all. Due to the lovely update that messed everything up. I had OS high seierra 10.13.1 and nothing was connecting , i updated to 10.13.2 and now it shows that hardware is connected and streaming on my Mbox MINI . But when i open garage band and try to record I'm still not getting any feedback ??

Phantom powers on, everything connected, gains and mix is up, i know protools express is probably not compatible with this version of my Mac which is supper inconvenient but shouldn't i still be able to use my mic on garage band ?

my avid control manager won't open anymore, and i somehow downloaded a digicore manager which is saying DIGIDESIGN HW: unsupported device STATUS- not connected (HW not found) .

why is this not working ?? is there something else i have to download now, I've updated to the most recent driver . I ran out of things, i just want to make some songs

I'm really frustrated seing as i can't get any technical support, and i guess i have to pay if i'd like some help

Can someone please help me fix this problem.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Mic not giving feedback

I would try reinstalling the Mbox Core Audio driver. Truth be told, Avid hardware is rarely the best choice to use with any DAW other than Pro Tools(where they work great). If you do go shopping for a different interface, skip the M-audio stuff too I assume you tried the Mic/DI button?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave