Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2011, 12:56 AM

Default AI oddness

Made a session yesterday with about 10 kontakt tracks.
Among them 1 track with Abbey Road late 60s vintage drums and one with a wurlitzer.
Opened the session up this morning, and the midi region of the wurlitzer was greyed out. Only solution was to recreate a new kontakt track and copy the midi region.

The other thing that was odd was that the drum track (which was only a programmed kick and snare) now played all kinds of cymbals and stuff, that wasn't in the midi region. It was pretty consistent though - same odd cymbals every time. Really wierd.

Tried to reload the kontakt preset on the sick track - same thing. Reboot PT. Same thing. Only solution again was to copy the midi region to a fresh AI track and open up kontakt with the 60s preset.

Odd.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:58 AM

Default Re: AI oddness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boe Larsen View Post
Made a session yesterday with about 10 kontakt tracks.
Among them 1 track with Abbey Road late 60s vintage drums and one with a wurlitzer.
Opened the session up this morning, and the midi region of the wurlitzer was greyed out. Only solution was to recreate a new kontakt track and copy the midi region.

The other thing that was odd was that the drum track (which was only a programmed kick and snare) now played all kinds of cymbals and stuff, that wasn't in the midi region. It was pretty consistent though - same odd cymbals every time. Really wierd.

Tried to reload the kontakt preset on the sick track - same thing. Reboot PT. Same thing. Only solution again was to copy the midi region to a fresh AI track and open up kontakt with the 60s preset.

Odd.
Hi Boe,

I see this occasionally and its usually a simple case of re assigning/re-routing the midi track back to the appropriate midi instrument. you need to have the instrument panel showing in the track list then just route the midi back to the instrument.

This is probably the same issue with the odd cymbals playing! as the routing is going to the wrong instrument or wrong midi channel within the instrument.

something in the routing settings isn't being saved and recalled correctly and i've seen this for a few years now.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:42 PM

Hey Chris.
Ah, ok - think we have touched this one before. Same thing - ok. The thing was - I didn't have drums on any other tracks - nor did I have any other midi channels going in kontakt...
Thanks for you reply!
Old 08-26-2011, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boe Larsen View Post
Hey Chris.
Ah, ok - think we have touched this one before. Same thing - ok. The thing was - I didn't have drums on any other tracks - nor did I have any other midi channels going in kontakt...
Thanks for you reply!
I can confirm this. It happens "once a while".
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 08-26-2011, 09:20 AM

yep here as well.. opening a session and one of the midi tracks is not playing - once or twice a week here... didnt get that re-routing chris - could you say step by step what to do?