Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Mac OS X

Old 01-13-2015, 02:25 PM

Default Re: PTE incompatible with Yosemite??

you need to upgrade to PT11 to run on Yosemite

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 01-13-2015, 03:57 PM
Avid

Default Re: PTE & OS X Yosemite

The latest version of Pro Tools Express is 10.3.4.

As stated on the product and knowledge base pages as well as the interface boxes that include Pro Tools Express, the supported Mac Operating Systems are Lion and Mountain Lion.

See http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...-3-4-Downloads which is linked from the product pages that include Pro Tools Express.

Owners of Pro Tools Express bundled with Mbox/Fast Track interfaces can upgrade to Pro Tools 11 here, and this upgrade was recently reduced from $499 to $199. (FYI- Pro Tools 11.0.3 adds Mavericks support, Pro Tools 11.3 adds Yosemite support.)

Regards,
JC
Old 01-15-2015, 10:30 AM

Default PTE & Yosemite

Hi. I'm a new user to the Avid community, just got my Fast Track Duo today.

Unfortunatly I was so naive that it never even crossed my mind, that a software 2015 would not be compatible to the latest OS.

And all it says here: http://www.avid.com/US/products/Mbox...cludedSoftware is that it works with 10.7, 10.8.

I bet you $5 that you cannot find a software producer anywhere, that list compatible OS's like that, not mentioning that 10.9 and forward is NOT supported.

So you can easily say that I wasted 200€ on a USB soundcard, without the promised software.

I feel like I've been tricked into buying something I cannot use, and since I bought it from thomann.de (they are not disclaiming the lack of OS compability) I cannot return my product without paying half of it in return-fee.

I have no need what so ever of the full version of Pro Tools. I bought it only to get the Express version.

Now I ask you for 2 things.

First of all, update your website so other people doesn't fall in the same pit. Make it clear that It won't support ANYTHING beyond 10.8. I'm fairly sure that most new customers have upgraded their computers in the last 3 years.

Second, could you please, please, help me out here? It feels really bad having spent 200€ on something I cannot use.

Best regards,
Johan
Old 02-23-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Owners of Pro Tools Express bundled with Mbox/Fast Track interfaces can upgrade to Pro Tools 11 here, and this upgrade was recently reduced from $499 to $199. (FYI- Pro Tools 11.0.3 adds Mavericks support, Pro Tools 11.3 adds Yosemite support.)

Regards,
JC
-----Good!! Will Pro Tools 11.3 (for Yosemite) work on an iMac with an Intel Core i5 @ 1.4GHz and 8GB RAM?

I know that Intel Core i5 @ 1.4GHz is not listed in the compatiblity grid but...are there chances it could work?
Old 02-23-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjavier View Post
-----Good!! Will Pro Tools 11.3 (for Yosemite) work on an iMac with an Intel Core i5 @ 1.4GHz and 8GB RAM?

I know that Intel Core i5 @ 1.4GHz is not listed in the compatiblity grid but...are there chances it could work?
You need to work out how to answer these questions for yourself. e.g. see http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...11-3-Downloads

The i5 is not the best choice for Pro Tools, with an i7 or Xeon generally much preferred, especially if you run a plugin heavy workload. And you need to make sure the rest of your system is suitable (which starts with having a separate dedicated 7,200 rpm or faster HDD or a good SSD for a dedicated audio/session drive). A 1.4GHz i5 would be fairly old and only dual core. So hopefully you have realistic goals in what you want to to in Pro Tools on this computer.. And I'm not going to bother guessing what disk you actually have in the iMac. 8GB is the minimum I'd want in a system. Again it depends on what you are expecting to do. Lots of VIs you may need more.... but you'll also likely start to run out of CPU.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:59 AM

Hi, and if I upgrade my PTE as suggested at the reduced price, do I get Pro Tools 11.3 which adds Yosemite support?...or do i get Pro Tools 11.0.3 ?
Old 03-04-2015, 09:18 AM

If you buy PT 11, you get all "point" updates to it for free. With the new support plan, you also will get any future versions of Pro Tools (12, 13 etc.) that come out while you are current with that support plan (yearly renewal).

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 03-05-2015, 10:18 AM

Many thanks for the prompt replyJoelG
Old 03-05-2015, 12:00 PM

I have purchased the upgrade for PTE to PT 11.n
I have activated all the licenses etc. using iLok
I can now see various step upgrades in my available products in my Avid Account.
From the forum i see i can go straight to installing the latest version 11.n.n...however i see advice here and there about uninstalling PTE first...where/how do i uninstall PTE please (I'm on a mac / yosemite)?
Also the read me states i need to download and install EUControl before launching the PT 11.n.n - where do I upload this from?
Old 03-06-2015, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider1961 View Post
I have purchased the upgrade for PTE to PT 11.n
I have activated all the licenses etc. using iLok
I can now see various step upgrades in my available products in my Avid Account.
From the forum i see i can go straight to installing the latest version 11.n.n...however i see advice here and there about uninstalling PTE first...where/how do i uninstall PTE please (I'm on a mac / yosemite)?
Also the read me states i need to download and install EUControl before launching the PT 11.n.n - where do I upload this from?
Ignore this, I have it sorted - Avid support provided instructions on how to do a clean uninstall. I also realise I don't need EUControl unless I'm using a surface etc. So, upgrade done, all hooked up and good.