Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2000, 03:40 PM

Default 24bit files for mastering & non error correcting media thankyou!

Well, we are a recording facility with a separate mastering house, and even though we don't have the hippest most expensive stuff, we DO accept 24-bit files, and we DO make very good masters.. How? When we don't have all that expensive hip stuff? - well, we use our ears.. BUT THERE IS ONE THING I'M GETTING FED UP WITH! Please, please, please, we need to get better media for transfers. I say, let's all go ORB! That way, we can distribute any type of files, without ever having to worry about actual data integrity. We want this, coz then we can send a final JAM image or MLCD image to the plant, they will open it up and make the glassmaster straight of an image, with no inherent data corruption at all.. Is this too much to ask? Chuck away all them ol error correctiong media I say!

------------------
[HYPERSONIC]