Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2004, 06:23 PM

Default Tip. Who wrote this?

I just read a cool tip here on the DUC but I couldn't figure out who posted it after I tried it out-- but it was real cool. Anyway I tried it out and i think you
dup a Vox track, reverse it add wet rvb, reverse it again.

It is a great tip. Try it. If you posted it originally please comment. Really cool.

Mike

July

MP3's
Old 12-22-2004, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Tip. Who wrote this?

It was Chris:
Quote:
Well, I'm not familiar with that title (is it the actual title, or one of the lyrics or part of the hook???)

Something to wet your appetite (what I first think from your description): take a vocal track, duplicate it, reverse it, apply some super wet verb to it, reverse it again, blend with original. Be careful with it...it's starting to get overused a bit in my opinion...could eventually make your music sound dated instead of timeless (sort of like flange and phasers on guitars and cymbals of the eighties). I personally think it's best when used on single hits and sparingly...for instance, creating that woomph ramp-up out of a rest.

Perhaps Rail would know more about the actual song you're talking about (as I'm not familiar with it yet), and he's worked on some of the Idol albums. Don't know...

July

MP3's
Old 12-22-2004, 06:59 PM

Fred, I can't emphasize this part enough:

"...could eventually (read as "in the future") make your music sound dated (if over used) instead of timeless (sort of like flange and phasers on guitars and cymbals of the eighties). "

The 'trick' is pretty old school...can't take credit for it personally (i don't know if anyone can really).
Old 12-22-2004, 08:43 PM

Maybe Todd Rundgren 1968 ????

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App
Old 12-22-2004, 08:47 PM

I'm thinking the dead have to have played with it...and there's no chance that Lennon didn't have some fun with it even earlier than garcia...