Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-13-2015, 12:27 PM
albee1952 albee1952 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: nashville
Posts: 34,741
Default Re: WHERE is the DB-33 recording its drawbar information?!?

This is what I found when automating the drawbars
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DB33 drawbar.jpg (49.2 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Gigabyte X79/intel i7 3930K, 32GB RAM, DIGI003 Rack
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...0sound%20works


The better I drink...the more I mix.....

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-13-2015, 12:42 PM
numberforty1 numberforty1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 53
Default Re: WHERE is the DB-33 recording its drawbar information?!?

Yes, that's what I can't find! There are dozens of those "general" and "undefined" tracks though, how did you find out which ones ProTools was using by default?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-13-2015, 01:08 PM
albee1952 albee1952 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: nashville
Posts: 34,741
Default Re: WHERE is the DB-33 recording its drawbar information?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberforty1 View Post
Yes, that's what I can't find! There are dozens of those "general" and "undefined" tracks though, how did you find out which ones ProTools was using by default?
I looked at everything under the Controllers menu. The original picture shows drawbars starting with the left-most bar. Still cryptic, for sure, but at least you know they can be found and automated
In the 3 photos below, "Before" shows the list of controllers that exist by default. The "After" photo shows the list AFTER a single record pass once the drawbars are enabled for automation(they won't appear until after a record pass). The "Spillout" shows the lanes and controllers in order of the drawbars from low to high Note that the additions to the controllers list are in order of the drawbars(first new controller=first drawbar, second controller=second drawbar, etc)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DB33 before.jpg (45.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DB33 after.jpg (50.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DB33 spillout.jpg (50.3 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Gigabyte X79/intel i7 3930K, 32GB RAM, DIGI003 Rack
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...0sound%20works


The better I drink...the more I mix.....

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-13-2015, 01:43 PM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 16,404
Default Re: WHERE is the DB-33 recording its drawbar information?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
I looked at everything under the Controllers menu. The original picture shows drawbars starting with the left-most bar. Still cryptic, for sure, but at least you know they can be found and automated
In the 3 photos below, "Before" shows the list of controllers that exist by default. The "After" photo shows the list AFTER a single record pass once the drawbars are enabled for automation(they won't appear until after a record pass). The "Spillout" shows the lanes and controllers in order of the drawbars from low to high Note that the additions to the controllers list are in order of the drawbars(first new controller=first drawbar, second controller=second drawbar, etc)
Can I assume this what's written if you manually move the drawbars in the DB33 gui? Being I don't have nine extra fingers I'd have to use the controllers in the fxa DB33 menu entry that correspond to the relevant MIDI CC numbers.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-13-2015, 02:50 PM
numberforty1 numberforty1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 53
Default Re: WHERE is the DB-33 recording its drawbar information?!?

Albee, thanks, this is really great, but do I understand right that this did not appear after the initial recording of the organ track, and that you had to enable plugin automation after the fact, and somehow re-record only the drawbar information from the originally recorded MIDI data? I'm still confused because I know I've already recorded the drawbar information somewhere, and I have not enabled plugin automation.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-14-2015, 04:58 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 16,404
Default Re: WHERE is the DB-33 recording its drawbar information?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberforty1 View Post
Albee, thanks, this is really great, but do I understand right that this did not appear after the initial recording of the organ track, and that you had to enable plugin automation after the fact, and somehow re-record only the drawbar information from the originally recorded MIDI data? I'm still confused because I know I've already recorded the drawbar information somewhere, and I have not enabled plugin automation.
Have you looked in the MIDI event list for the drawbar automation? I keep asking/mentioning that and you never answer the question.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-14-2015, 11:49 AM
albee1952 albee1952 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: nashville
Posts: 34,741
Default Re: WHERE is the DB-33 recording its drawbar information?!?

Sadly, I can't offer anything more as you are diving deeper into this than I have(so far). I suppose you could copy/paste the notes onto a new Instrument track, enable automation on the drawbars, use MIDI Merge, put the track in record and start pulling bars I use a VOCE drawbar midi controller here and the changes shown in the photos represent me pulling the bars out(started the pass with all pushed in).
__________________
Gigabyte X79/intel i7 3930K, 32GB RAM, DIGI003 Rack
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...0sound%20works


The better I drink...the more I mix.....

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-14-2015, 03:30 PM
numberforty1 numberforty1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 53
Default Re: WHERE is the DB-33 recording its drawbar information?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Sadly, I can't offer anything more as you are diving deeper into this than I have(so far). I suppose you could copy/paste the notes onto a new Instrument track, enable automation on the drawbars, use MIDI Merge, put the track in record and start pulling bars I use a VOCE drawbar midi controller here and the changes shown in the photos represent me pulling the bars out(started the pass with all pushed in).
I think my question sounded more complicated than it was, I was just trying to figure out if you did one record pass or two. But now I know it was just one, because I found it. It was being recorded to the standard MIDI "volume" track the whole time! Ha. Didn't think a plugin could highjack a standard track view like that, but sure enough there it is. Interesting that my default was different than yours. I was only looking at the last drawbar, and it was mapped to CC7. Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-14-2015, 03:32 PM
numberforty1 numberforty1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 53
Default Re: WHERE is the DB-33 recording its drawbar information?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Have you looked in the MIDI event list for the drawbar automation? I keep asking/mentioning that and you never answer the question.
Someone needs a Snickers. Yes it was in the event list too, but that wasn't any good for editing it, like I already said.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-15-2015, 07:46 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 16,404
Default Re: WHERE is the DB-33 recording its drawbar information?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberforty1 View Post
Someone needs a Snickers. Yes it was in the event list too, but that wasn't any good for editing it, like I already said.
Chill dude - I asked a relevant question and you never answered until now. I don't know why you say that wouldn't be good for editing it because it can be done that way. I know because I edit in the MIDI event list all the time for MIDI cc controllers.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro Tools is recording midi information advanced Matt Faddy macOS 2 08-10-2014 11:03 PM
Information in Sig SpinningDisk General Discussion 7 03-04-2010 10:50 AM
No Information Available timcorder VENUE Live Sound Systems 2 10-22-2009 03:46 PM
Mac OS X 10.5.5 Information Avid Technical Alerts 0 09-17-2008 11:37 AM
Mis-information on the DUC AvidCS General Announcements 0 06-14-2001 05:47 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:38 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com