Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 06:55 PM

Default Interesting crash behavior

Since I began Arsenio back in September I've been keeping the session files on one of the data drives. I'll finish a show, do a save as, rename the session to the current show number, wipe the audio and the automation, and do the next show. No crashes, no drama at all.

My normally brick-solid 11 HDX system had an interesting quirk last weekend. I had moved the truck to cover another job, and during setup I did what I used to do as standard procedure in TDM: I built the session on my system drive, and pointed the session to record to the data drives. Pro Tools then started crashing, crashed all morning, and had me very concerned.

Thinking that it couldn't possibly be that simple I closed the session, moved it to a data drive, re-opened it, and never had another crash (another day and a half of work).

It's possible I'm conflating different causes and effects here, and that the two things aren't related. I merely offer this as yet another piece of the puzzle. I'm going to RTFM tonight and see if I can find what Avid says about this.

Peter
Gypsy: PT Ultimate 2019.5, 12-core Mac Pro 3.46Ghz 64GB OS 10.14.5, HD Native, HD OMNI, 2 Artist Mix, EUCON 18.3, Presonus 32R, Studio One 4.5.1, Quad Eight preamps, Neve 3201 EQs, 2 LA-4s, Malone Design Works desk

Laptop: 10.13.6 MacBook Pro 2.8 Core i7, 16G, PT 19.5 Live 9

www.remotewest.com
@RemoteWest
Old 12-09-2013, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 Crash Reporter - send in those crash logs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Brown View Post
Hi,

As a developer at Avid, I want to encourage all users to send in your crash reports. In Pro Tools 11, the development team implemented a crash reporter partially based on the Google Breakpad technology.

Within 12 hours of Pro Tools being released, we were starting to see crash reports being sent in. In a couple of cases, we were getting reports of the same fundamental crash. Several developers are already starting to look at these problems and implement solutions for them.

With the help of all of our users, I think this is going to greatly improve the stability of Pro Tools. Avid will likely be integrating this technology into our other products to help us improve overall stability of all Avid products.

Keep sending them in!

Bob
I have to force quit every few minutes how should we report this, also Protools is unable to save or save backup, and restarting causes Protools to crash. Scrubbing a sound causes a hard crash and there is no send to avid on these crashes. When finding a region in Protools and then displaying all I just get the wheel and have to force quit. I could keep going Protools. 11 is crazy buggy
Old 12-09-2013, 06:54 AM

I agree.........roll on 11.1!!!!
Old 12-21-2013, 09:01 PM

PhoenixVerb is causing PT 11 to hang. Happens every time. It works fine in PT 10.3.6 and R2 works fine. Another weird behavior is that when it hangs and I get the spinning beach ball, I'll force quit and both the dock and Activity Monitor indicate that PT has quit, but the display still shows the PT windows and the beach ball. I've replaced PT from 11.0.02 to 11.0.3 and uninstalled and reinstalled PhoenixVerb. Very frustrating.
PT 12.6
MH ULN-8 x3
Old 12-22-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywsef View Post
How can I send a crash report if my machine is offline? It gives me the option to save the report - what do I do with those saved reports? I would love to send them in!
Anyone??

My SANDRA report:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Report%202.txt

OS/apps, sessions, and samples all on separate drives.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywsef View Post
Anyone??
+1 Here. How do we upload them?

Also what if there is no option to send the report to AVID?
I've had quite a few crashes with no AVID report button. Just a generic windows message.
HD Omni/Thunderbolt Native
A bucketload of libraries
www.Reverbnation.com/jedediahjenk
www.soundcloud.com/jedediahjenk
notedmusic.wix.com/jedediahjenk
Old 04-04-2014, 07:08 AM

Hi,
I'm having quite a lot of troubles with my new PT 11 running with a Scarlett 18i20 and a PC with 8GB of RAM and Intel Core 2 Quad 2,67GHz with a 64 bits system.
Since i've opened PT and tried to play a track or record one i had some weird noises and finally PT crashes without giving me the option of sending the crash log to Avid.
What should i do about it? Drives me crazy!
Old 05-20-2014, 11:38 PM

Hi,
I have this problem. I am trying to open an Open Media Framework file. When, I open it in PT10 everything works, but in PT11 it writes this:
“Could not complete your request because Assertion in "..\ ..\ FF\ Audio\ FF_AudioFile.cpp", line 978”.

PC Win 7x64, Intel Core i7-3820, 3.60 Hz, 3.60 Hz, RAM 32 Gb.
Audio Interface - Steinberg MR 816x
Old 05-20-2014, 11:40 PM

Import the OMF in Pro Tools 10. Save the session, then open that session in 11
Old 05-21-2014, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
Import the OMF in Pro Tools 10. Save the session, then open that session in 11
Thanks... that's exactly what I did, and it works... but why do we need an extra action? Is something wrong with PT11 with this issue?
Closed Thread