Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2023, 01:01 PM

Default Issue with Upgrade from PT11 to PT Studio (perpetual)

When I log in to my Avid account, where I can see my PT11 license listed, I get this when I enter my activation code for the PT Studio Upgrade license I purchased last week:

Quote:
REDEEM YOUR CODE
Please enter the Renewal Code listed here in the renewal field of your Product located in the Products page.

We are currently experiencing issues with the automated redemption process for Pro Tools customers with version 9, 10, and 11 software upgrading to the latest version. To address this, please log a support case. Include your redemption code, Avid Account email address or iLok ID in the email. A member of our team will then manually redeem and facilitate your upgrade.
I opened a support ticket yesterday but have not heard back at all. Does anyone know how long it may take to get a resolution or a way to work around this? It's holding up the build of my new studio computer that was supposed to be in action tonight.
Old 11-28-2023, 01:56 PM
Avid

Default Re: Issue with Upgrade from PT11 to PT Studio (perpetual)

Hi MrDragland,

I checked your record and they gave you an update via case 04717243.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 11-28-2023, 04:09 PM

All set, thanks so much!
Old 12-04-2023, 08:31 PM

I'm having the same issue when I try to enter my redemption code for the Pro Tools Studio Perpetual upgrade. I am trying to upgrade from Pro Tools 11. The upgrade was purchased from an authorized reseller. When I enter my the code I receive the following message:

We are currently experiencing issues with the automated redemption process for Pro Tools customers with version 9, 10 and 11 software upgrading to the latest version. To address this, please log a support case.

However, when I try to log a support case, the webpage hangs and doesn't submit my information. It has been like this for a few days. This is very frustrating. If someone has some information on how I can resolve this issue it would be much appreciated.
Old 12-05-2023, 06:00 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydrummer View Post
I'm having the same issue when I try to enter my redemption code for the Pro Tools Studio Perpetual upgrade. I am trying to upgrade from Pro Tools 11. The upgrade was purchased from an authorized reseller. When I enter my the code I receive the following message:

We are currently experiencing issues with the automated redemption process for Pro Tools customers with version 9, 10 and 11 software upgrading to the latest version. To address this, please log a support case.

However, when I try to log a support case, the webpage hangs and doesn't submit my information. It has been like this for a few days. This is very frustrating. If someone has some information on how I can resolve this issue it would be much appreciated.
Hi Happydrummer,

I created case 04721980 and sent you an email regarding your redemption issue.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 12-05-2023, 01:08 PM

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your response and creating a case for me. I was able to look up the case details and everything appears to be correct. However, I did not receive your email. I checked my spam folder etc. but nothing is there. Also, I tested the "retrieve case history" and I did not receive the email from that either. The email address is correct but nothing is coming through. I'm not sure what the issue is. There is nothing out of the ordinary with my email settings.
Old 12-05-2023, 01:14 PM
Avid

Hi Happydrummer,

Weird, I resend the email. I apologize about the delay.
Old 12-05-2023, 02:54 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydrummer View Post
Hi Charles,

Thank you for your response and creating a case for me. I was able to look up the case details and everything appears to be correct. However, I did not receive your email. I checked my spam folder etc. but nothing is there. Also, I tested the "retrieve case history" and I did not receive the email from that either. The email address is correct but nothing is coming through. I'm not sure what the issue is. There is nothing out of the ordinary with my email settings.
happydrummer......

Let us know if you got the email Charles sent.

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 12-06-2023, 02:15 AM

Hi Marianna,

I didn't receive the second email from Charles either. I have been able view the details of case that he opened for me and I can see that he has asked me to send him the authorization code that I want to redeem. I have been trying to submit that information all along. Unfortunately, because I didn't receive his emails I can't reply to him with those details. It seems that the support center portal isn't allowing me to receive emails or upload information.

I have noticed that when I visit the support center portal it shows me as being logged out even if I am logged into the main avid website. It is as if my account is not linked there. I'm not sure if that is relevant.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 12-06-2023, 05:26 AM
Avid

Hi Happydrummer,

Can you send it to my email instead [email protected]?