Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-23-2008, 12:13 PM

Default Ilok and plugin licenses repeated

Hello I just purchase two bundles of plugins from digidesign, the g-rack and the producer bundle. The problem is that one of the moog plugins is repeated in both bundles. If I activate my products in the digidesign web they will leave two times the authorization for that plugin into my ilok account... so if I downloaded two times the same license... there will be any trouble????
Thanks for your replies
Old 09-23-2008, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Ilok and plugin licenses repeated

It's not a problem. You don't even have to download the duplicate if you want, you can let it live in your iLok.com account without actually downloading it to an iLok.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:27 PM

Ohhh ok, and how to leave it into my ilok account?? And if I download both authorizations they will appears on my ilok??? Is it possible to sell on of the licenses and take only one in my ilok????
Thanks
Old 09-23-2008, 02:02 PM

You just don't download it to an iLok (don't checkmark the box when you're transferring the others). It should be obvious once you actually do it.

Can't help you with the selling thing, as I have no idea what you bought or how. Technically you can do that, but not knowing exactly what we're talking about I can't give you a definite answer, but in general once you own the license, it's your to do with as you wish. The greater question is whether or not there's a market for whatever the plug-in is. I've got a couple copies of Maxim and DNR that I've put on ebay several times but there's just no demand for them so they live in my iLok account indefinitely.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:44 PM

I don't think you can down load the same license twice onto your iLok. At least it wouldn't let me do that. I had a spare iLok that I down loaded the duplicates too. You should be able to let the unused assets sit in your iLok account.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 09-23-2008, 02:50 PM

I've had unused ilok licenses sitting in my account for months, if not years. Waiting for their special day when they will be needed.

Or you can put them on a spare ilok and remove that ilok from your account.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:13 PM

That´s what I think. The ilok will not allow me to install both licenses, so I saw that in the download list you must to check what do you want to download, I think that the duplicate authorizate will be on the ilok limbo for the years
I also see a trash can near the authorizations what is the purpose of that trash can????

Slim Shaddy would you want to trade your DNR duplicate for my moogfooger analog delay ?????
Old 09-23-2008, 06:26 PM

The trash can lets you delete licenses. Some time-expiring demos will leave assets hanging around, it's nice to be able to get rid of them when they've expired.

Quote:
Slim Shaddy would you want to trade your DNR duplicate for my moogfooger analog delay ?????
I already have the moogerfooger delay, but thanks. The other issue would be that iLok.com charges you $25 per asset to transfer to another user, which sorta puts the kibosh on anything as far as easy transfers go. It's one of the main reasons you end up with these extra licenses after a while - it becomes more expensive to get rid of them than to keep them.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:55 AM

ohhh so I think that my moogfooger delay will keep on the ilok limbo, I wil try to trade it for other plugin on the buy&sell forum