Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2016, 12:53 AM

Default Latency issues with Eleven rack

I have been using 11r to record music into my mac with both PT & Logic & everything worked fine.Of late I have been using Logic for about a year. For the past few days I have been noticing latency while recording.Initially I noticed the AU (VST) sounds triggered from the Motif connected via USB to the MAC were sounding slightly delayed (unusually).Today while playing my guitar with the input monitoring engaged on Logic, I found the sounds delayed.When I recorded a guitar track everything sounded okay on the monitors.But after recording the recorded track seemed to have recorded delayed.I had to nudge back the tracks to get it sounding in sync.
Could this be due to using plugins? I recently installed POD drivers to use POD as an interface at times to record its tones.Is there something clashing because of this?
I'm not sure how to set the latency/buffer for 11 R.
Any help would be appreciated as I'm not sure where the issue lies.
Thanks.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Latency issues with Eleven rack

Any replies?
Old 05-11-2016, 11:36 AM

Buffer size for the eleven rack is set in Logic just like any other interface. Edit: which would be Preferences>Audio>Devices (IO Buffer Size). You should also be able to tweek the compensation latency there (don't have a rig in front of me).

Are you sure what you are monitoring? The Eleven Rack had built in local monitoring (essentially what you hear when you play the Eleven Rack stand alone) which Pro Tools suppresses (so all monitoring is kinda through Pro Tools). Logic cannot suppress that and you will hear the local monitoring directly through the Eleven Rack (and also a second signal slightly out of phase with if you enable monitoring in logic).

What plugins do you have inserted on what tracks? You may want to try creating a super simple Logic session and get things working there/okay with that test session to fibd out what is going on here.

Delay compensation in logic should work as usual. You may get better help for Logic specific questions on their forums.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-11-2016 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:33 PM

Today I had latency issues with midi signal.They midi keyboard sounds were delayed while recording.I switched back into my Apogee duet & the latency was completely fine & all seems well.Not sure what is going on with 11r.A great hardware but may not be an ideal choice to use as interface.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:50 PM

Other users here are not going to be able to help you if you do not provide any detailed information about what you are doing and what settings are etc.

The Eleven Rack is more than capable of reasonable low-latency audio and MIDI recording, including with Logic Pro.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:25 PM

Hmm.What is the info you need? I have been using 11r set up properly & running.I just removed 11r & used Apogee Duet instead & everything is working fine ! By Latency I mean,midi notes sent from my keyboard fall delayed & are heard delayed.Guitar notes are recorded delayed.Looks like 11 r is unable to handle the cpu.Is there a new update for Elcapitan ? I seem to have the issue since the upgrade to Elcapitan.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:46 PM

Answers to any (actually all) of the exact questions I've tried asking you, and you are not answering. Screenshots showing what you are doing (starting with the relevant Audio>Devices and Audio>general preference panels).

Right now we don't even know what the buffer sizes are set to, what the latency settings you are using, if there are plugins, and what ones, on any tracks, if you have delay compensation turned on, etc.. You are just wasting time here by not providing what has been asked for, and I'm not asking you if you think something looks OK, I'm asking for the actual details.

Many of us here (including me) work with the Eleven Rack and Logic Pro without any of the problems you are reporting. But the only chance we have of sorting out what is going on with your setup is to have the detailed info being asked for.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 06-04-2016 at 04:06 PM.