Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2006, 11:41 AM

Default conflict with pro tools and final cut pro

I'm installing final cut pro studio on my pro tools TDM mix system mainly so i can digitize picture from digibeta decks through my igniter card. When loading up final cut, the load freezes and I eventually get an error message during "loading audio filters" I called Apple but I am past my 90 days install deck support so all they can offer me is that something is conflicting in pro tools. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Thank you
Old 01-12-2006, 11:54 AM

Default Re: conflict with pro tools and final cut pro

Try temorarily removing Audio Units plug-ins.
I just installed FCP Studio on a HD3 rig with Waves diamond and it took about 2 hours to load all the Waves Audio Filters the first time I opened it. Also, I had to dismiss many dialogs for net plugins.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:32 PM

thanks for the quick reply, I thought at first it might just be a long load time but I waited about half an hour. I feel like it should be solved by removing some of the plug-ins from my pro-tools folder that might be conflicting. I think I've tried them all now though and still no dice.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:57 PM

The FIRST time FCP loads plugins, especially if yuou have waves, can take an hour. (its registering them)
Its not freezing, look at the splash screen, you will see a different plug load every 3 or so minutes.
Subsequent loads are quick, but, any time you add or remove a plug, FCP will take long to load the first time.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:24 PM

thats the problem though, there is nothing moving on the splash screen, typically you would see "Loading Audio Filters..." and then directly below it you would see the different filters loading, like you basically just said. But, I'm getting nothing beneath it, thats what I find so odd about it. It is like something is stopping it from beginning to load. I appreciate the help though, thank you
Old 01-12-2006, 04:37 PM

"I feel like it should be solved by removing some of the plug-ins from my pro-tools folder that might be conflicting"

FCP uses audio unit plug-ins not what Pro Tools uses.
Boot Drive>Library>Audio>Plug-ins>components
Try removing from there to a AU plug-ins not used folder one level up.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:33 PM

Waves does have a read me that certain programs such as Waveburner will take forever to load the Waves AU plugs. Their read me blames Apple, but I just disabled the Waves AU stuff and all is good.