Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 09-24-2012, 06:18 AM

Default Protools Freezing on load up/ plugins.

Hello,
Sorry if this is a repost. I did find a thread with the same issue but no solution. I have an i mac and am running protools 9 with 9.0.6 update. My protools was working fine for this last week but since last night it will not open. It keeps freezing while loading. It freezes while loading plugins specifically the expand plugin. Does anyone know how to resolve the issue? Also i am an absoute amature with this stuff.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:51 PM

Lightbulb Re: Protools Freezing on load up/ plugins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolloape View Post
I have an i mac and am running protools 9 with 9.0.6 update. My protools was working fine for this last week but since last night it will not open. It keeps freezing while loading. It freezes while loading plugins specifically the expand plugin. Does anyone know how to resolve the issue?
Start by going to /Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins and look for Xpand!. Drag that plug-in to the Plug-Ins (Unused) folder, then launch Pro Tools. If Pro Tools launches without a problem, then you may need to reinstall Xpand!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Protools Freezing on load up/ plugins.

Hey. thank you so much for the reply. Unfortunately This did not work. Upon opening Protool's it freezez on Varifi.dpm instead . Any ideas?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:39 PM

Question Re: Protools Freezing on load up/ plugins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolloape View Post
Hey. thank you so much for the reply. Unfortunately This did not work. Upon opening Protool's it freezez on Varifi.dpm instead . Any ideas?
Hold the Shift key while launching. Does that allow you to launch without freezing?
Old 09-24-2012, 07:49 PM

No. Ive tried removing each plugin that it freezes on and it just keeps freezing on a new plugin. I have also re-installed. Thank you for taking the time to assist me.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:11 AM

Hey man, how did you fix the problem because i have the same problem!?
:-(
Dunno what to do...