Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 09-08-2017, 11:18 AM

Default PRO TOOLS SE REQUESTING iLOK AFTER 6 YEARS?

I've been a user of Pro Tools SE for six years now and during these years I have installed the program via my start up disc without any problems. I've installed it on PCs and laptops without any stress regardless of the version of windows. Now I bought a heavy duty PC to get started on my album and other projects so when I go yo install it, the installation cancels as it says I need iLOK registration and it points me to paceap.com to get one. I downloaded it but all it is is a program that hosts the iLok you already own.

This is the first time I've experienced this and my program never cam with ah iLok and I have no registration code as it has been 6 years and the box is gone. Is there anyway I can bypass this or could someone tell me what's going on? I've never been asked for an iLok before. My windows version is 8. Please respond! It's frustrating to spend 300 dollars on a PC and not even be able to use it for what you bought it for!!
Old 09-08-2017, 12:39 PM

Default Re: PRO TOOLS SE REQUESTING iLOK AFTER 6 YEARS?

Welcome to the community.

Pro Tools SE doesn't require an iLok USB key, but is wrapped (protected) with iLok software. IIRC, you'll need to download/install the version of License Support for your OS. Which version do you have installed?

Also, note that we only qualified Pro Tools SE up through Windows 7 (more info). Doesn't mean it won't work in Win8 but that's an unknown.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:27 PM

I didn't think it did as I used it from Vista up to win7. I installed iLok version for windows 64 bit windows 7 or above.

Should I revert back to windows 7? This PC came with windows 8 so I would't know how to do that but if it works fine with windows 7 that might be the way to go. I'm not trying to buy an iLok lol.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:12 PM

Update:

Since installing the iLok manager it now skips the box prompting me to get an iLok but the installation freezes and I have to exit out of it over and over. Also running it in compatibility mode under another version of windows does not seem to solve the problem either.

Last edited by AngryProtoolsSEUser; 09-08-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:24 PM

Here's the actually dialogue boxes that keep popping up. 1 (screenshot) The box that pops up when installation stops. 2 (screenshot 1) The box that pops up before installation freezes and I have to "x" out of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot.jpg (39.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot (1).jpg (41.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-08-2017, 10:04 PM

Alright after further investigation I did find and install the InterLok driver it requested but it still brings up an error dialogue box (similiar to the box attached as screenshot in my last reply) the box details:

Feature: Application Files
Component: Program Files - Common
File: E:\data2.cab
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

and the installation seems to halt after that. Right now, I'm currently keeping the installer open to see if it will resume as it is no longer asking for the InterLok drivers to be installed. Maybe someone who's better at computers and the files that make Pro Tools run can help me out with what's going on in the box detailed above.