Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2017, 10:35 PM

Default Is there a work-around re: Midi Merge Sustain bug?

Has anyone figured out a way to make this work aside from turning Midi Merge OFF?
Old 02-06-2017, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Is there a work-around re: Midi Merge Sustain bug?

I have a second track , duplicated from the original below it. I start with no midi info copied from the top one. I record from one to the other then when my track is done I combine them to make one. Careful of notes hanging over when you combine them . OR record in Logic, Cubase or I use DP then import into PT
Old 02-24-2017, 02:16 PM

I love Pro Tools, especially for mixing, but this bug is the main reason why I stopped upgrading at PT 9 Native and instead upgraded from Cubase 5 (that hadn't been used in years) to Cubase Pro 8 and now 9. Forget new features... I'm not upgrading anymore, and paying a yearly subscription, if the basics don't work.

Did a search and came across this thread. Just wanted to check back on the forum to see if 3 whole versions later it's fixed... Looks like it's not.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:49 PM

Which version of PT exactly? I just installed the newest 12.7.1 release and it appears to be working okay here(was messed up with the last version I had) My temp solution was to just show the sustain lane and fix it with the mouse after the pass(not elegant, but it did work)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-27-2017, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Which version of PT exactly? I just installed the newest 12.7.1 release and it appears to be working okay here(was messed up with the last version I had) My temp solution was to just show the sustain lane and fix it with the mouse after the pass(not elegant, but it did work)
Thanks Dave. I stop upgrading at PT 9; the bug exists in every version of 9 for me. Thread search results, including this one, show that it still exist in 10, 11 and 12.

Is there a trial version of latest version of PT native (search doesn't find one)? My work includes ballads across several genres where sustain pedal is used heavily, so I would like to test. Or can others, including OP, confirm with Dave that the bug is gone in 12.7.1; I don't see it as a fix on the release notes.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
Thanks Dave. I stop upgrading at PT 9; the bug exists in every version of 9 for me. Thread search results, including this one, show that it still exist in 10, 11 and 12.

Is there a trial version of latest version of PT native (search doesn't find one)? My work includes ballads across several genres where sustain pedal is used heavily, so I would like to test. Or can others, including OP, confirm with Dave that the bug is gone in 12.7.1; I don't see it as a fix on the release notes.
I just did a slow grand piano recording with MIDI Merge enabled, and couldn't make this bug appear. Recorded about 2 minutes without issues. Too early to tell if Avid squashed it, but the bug would definitely had happened in 12.5.2.