Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 08-07-2003, 09:49 AM

Default Tech support...No Help! Channel Bar Display Freaks out.

I've talked to tech support numerous times about this issue. My channel bar display either flashes jibberish, doesn't display at all or on rare occasions works fine.
Tech support always asks if any of the banks of eight scribble strips flash, i.e 1-8, 9-16, 17-24. I say no the fader scribble strips work fine.
Then they say hold on while I talk to one of our techs and ask them, I wait on hold. When they return they tell me that they aren't sure what the problem is but they will call me back. Well it's been awhile now and I am still waiting for three call backs.
Normally Digi is real good with tech support,.
What's up with my channel Bar display???
Also, an outside engineer was in working and he reported that all the scribble strips went dead as well as the faders, however the analog side of the C24 kept working. He power cycled the unit and all the faders came back????

Walt Mecleary
Paul Janaitis

http://www.appliedcms.com/
Old 08-07-2003, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Tech support...No Help! Channel Bar Display Freaks out.

Here's my spill on the C24 unit. I think the power supply, either old or new runs too hot and doesnt cool itself efficiently, and to me it seems like it cant regulate the voltage needed to power the unit. Even when im offline a light or two will tend to flash whenever it pleases, and ive had theses same problems with all 4 units i have gotten. I've been using it for 2yrs now, since the first ones came out, and i enjoy it, but it really does seem like we paid alot of money for something that im scared to work on because of past malfuntion problems. Digi has been good to repair and resolve these problems and can imagine how pissed they get hearing all these complaints from us, but untill we reach a happy medium with this unit i guess it something that all of us owners and digidesign need to live with. Kinda why im staying away from an HD system, with all the upgrades going on, its just too much. Whatever happened to finishing the design of a product before shipping it out. Kinda like buying an SUV without 4 wheel drive, whats the point of it?
Old 08-10-2003, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Tech support...No Help! Channel Bar Display Freaks out.

Quote:
Originally posted by McMasters:
. My channel bar display either flashes jibberish, doesn't display at all or on rare occasions works fine.

Walt Mecleary
Paul Janaitis
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Mine does exactly the same thing, and has for the past year. It started AFTER the console returned from having a board replaced. I was having problems with preamps 1-8, that's what they fixed. Whatever board that is, that's probably your culprit.

I hardly notice the flickering anymore.

JS