Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2018, 02:19 AM

Default Re: iZotope RX7 officially announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
That IS interesting. Do you mean that just in general - that RX provides more tools to actually correct noise issues? Or do you find it better in a general DX bus mix situation where a broadband noise reduction is just strapped over some busses or tracks?
In all fairness, I may not be comparing like for like. I've used real time Cedar units in studios for many years, and RX4 onwards has rung rings round those, but there I'm thinking of their offline processes not Dialogue De-noise, so it may not be an entirely fair comparison. I do find the RX algorithm exceptionally good, and while any improvements are always welcome it wouldn't be a top priority to me. One trick I've taken to doing is that I often find with field recordings the unwanted noise is in the lower register, and if I sample just this for reference I can get really quite aggressive with it - most of the tell-tale NR artefacts get noticeable in the mids and highs. I know you can balance with some of the real time units, but you can always be more forensic with offline.

Dialogue Isolate - marvel that it is - even in this incarnation has some way to go. It's so good on some material, but still hit and miss.

P_J - similar thoughts here to yours. Dialogue De-Reverb is the real breakthrough of this release for me.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 09-14-2018, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marenta View Post
Hey, yes both in stand alone and plug-in mode. No presets - all empty ?!
I had my default presets blown out with an Izotope update a while back. Support emailed me a file to drop into the Izotope library folder (on Mac).

System 2: Pro Tools 23.9 (no Hardware), Mac OS 13.2.1, MBP (Macbook Air M2, 2022 24Gig Ram)
Old 09-14-2018, 09:36 AM

Default iZotope RX7 officially announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. View Post
I had my default presets blown out with an Izotope update a while back. Support emailed me a file to drop into the Izotope library folder (on Mac).

Thx. I have now solved the problem. The presets did install in another location on my Mac. Don’t really know why, but it worked when I put them back were they belong ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marenta View Post
Thx. I have now solved the problem. The presets did install in another location on my Mac. Don’t really know why, but it worked when I put them back were they belong ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most often when things like this happens it's due to installing the plugin in a place other than where the installer wants to put it.

QAPLA!
Old 09-16-2018, 04:21 PM

For me the multi-channel support was totally worth it. I upgraded from RX5 Advanced to the post production 3 bundle. It cost me $339.00 at Audiodeluxe (promo summer 15% off).

Jumping from RX5 to RX7 seems like a really decent upgrade.
http://immersivesoundvr.com/
Old 09-16-2018, 09:31 PM

Heads up: There's a nasty bug in the RX7 advanced AudioSuite porting of Dialog Isolate, De-Rustle and Music Rebalance, that has omitted the "Preview" button from the GUI. All legacy modules from RX6 to now RX7 have the "Preview" as per usual and indeed it exists in the RX7 Connect App. In other words you're flying blind over on the AS side trying to use these modules. I use DX ISO a bunch and looked forward to the batch processing ability of having it in the AS. My workaround is to test a clip over in the App and then apply those settings to the AS module. It works and though it's a bug it's still a time saver since you can batch process a scene or sequence of clips.

We also found the Auth server seems to have been down over the weekend, though my colleague who was upgrading his PP suite 3 was able to run the demo trial. Not the most elegant update rollout from IZO and surprising since I've never seen this sloppiness from them before...sorry have to call it what it is. How do you miss the "preview" button in the GUI ??... and how do you not have an IT guy tending your Auth server over the release weekend ??

Waiting for fixes...tap, tap, tap

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television
Old 09-16-2018, 09:37 PM

FYI I'm on a MacPro running the latest Mac OS Hi Sierra and PT Ultimate.

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television
Old 09-16-2018, 11:48 PM

Yes, I miss the preview on Isolate. For now - render / undo = preview. Not sure if the omissiom is by design for some reason, hope not.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 09-17-2018, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Yes, I miss the preview on Isolate. For now - render / undo = preview. Not sure if the omissiom is by design for some reason, hope not.
By design from reading the online help documentation on the iZotope site. Look at the bottom of each page for the module and you'll see it. It's weird that the normal plugin version has it but no AS - wonder why?

Didn't both Isolate and derustle in rx6 adv have a compare button? That help documentation said it did with no mention of an exception for AudioSuite usage. I only have 6 vanilla.

Posted about this in this thread over on Gearslutz: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-...musicians.html

QAPLA!
Old 09-17-2018, 10:29 AM

Just sent an email inquiry to iZotope about the missing preview buttons. Be interesting what kind of answer I get and how quick will I get it.

QAPLA!