Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2003, 09:17 PM

Default Dead Process Card?

I've got a strange problem: My system won't boot and I'm given the error message "The TDM flex cable is not connected correctly. Please refer tot he System Installaction Guide." error message. My normal routine when I get this message is to run DigiTest, restart and boot into ProTools without a hitch. This usually does the trick. However, not this time.

I rebooted, lacunched Pro Tools and the same error message is displayed. But, this time (and all subsequent times) DigiTest doesn't recognize my process card and list it. Only the Core card appears. I've checked in the Apple System Profiler as well -- it provides only generic information related to the slot -- not the card.

Is the card dead?

Many thanks,

-J.

HD2 / 192 I/O / PT 6.1
G4 Dual 500 / OS X 10.2.8
512 Mb RAM
ATTO UL3D
Old 12-07-2003, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Dead Process Card?

you might want to try pulling out your process card first. then boot up with the core card only. just to make sure your core card is not the problem. if the core is good to go, add the process card back. also try reversing the flex cable direction from where you originally had it. this happened to me with my hd3, and i just had to trouble shoot with the cards and cables.

if none of this works, then you do have a Dead Process Card, and you should call digi.