Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 08-17-2011, 10:54 AM

Default Can't See Input Meters

Hey All,

First post in a long line of probably really stupid questions, so, thank you for your patience, understanding, and help in advance.
Just got my C24 hooked up. Plays back everything very well and works perfectly. However, upon trying the inputs, I have a microphone going to Channel One through a DB25 to xlr cable. When I check the mic, the clip light will come on showing me I am getting signal, but, I get no meters and no input showing in Pro Tools, and no output through the board. Tried it in offline mode first, then with Pro Tools running, and still nothing.I know, I know, check the manual, but, I have a real hard time deciphering manuals sometimes, so, I go for the quick answer. Am I missing some sort of board set up? Really wishing someone had a tutorial.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:08 AM

Default Re: Can't See Input Meters

Hi,

No stupid questions only answers !!

You are hooked up through what interface ? HD, M box ??
Remember the mic goes into the C24 pre-amp then from the C24 pre-amp to the interface AD into "pro tools" then back out through the interface DA throughout the C24 monitor section to the speakers.

If it was a HD one then channel one would be interface 1 on the I/O in protools, (have you set that up, please follow the instruction manual). Once that is done then you need to select that input in the Mix window as the input to the channel you want. Note that you can have input 1 going to any "channel" so there is no 1 to 1 match, its up to you.

Once you have the channel selected and put into record mode then the appropriate meter should move.

Hope that helps

Scotsman
Old 08-21-2011, 06:04 AM

I'm running HD native with an HD I/O. I am going into the C24, out to the the I/O, then out of the I/O into a Central Station. What's weird is, I'm getting a clip light when I increase my channel gain, but no meters on C24 and no input signal in PT. I'm pretty positive I have everything hooked up correctly. I'll dig further to make sure. ???
Old 08-21-2011, 11:56 AM

Hi there,
If the C24 is like the Control 24 which I have, then the meters do not reflect the gain/level of the onboard pre's but are software meters that mimic what the meters associated with the channels on the mixer page.
So assuming you have the mic pre output on a digisnake into your audio interface, and that input is configured to a mono audio tracks input, then you should see the chanel one meter jumping on the C24 just the same as the one on the mixer page.
The clip lights are warning lights for the onboard pre's so you can see if you're overdriving them.

Hope this helps.

Lizardpoint
Old 08-21-2011, 01:51 PM

Hi

When you connect a mic to the C24 and it is getting an input then you should see one of the inputs on the HD I/O light up to show there is a signal, does this happen?
I assume you have d24 cables between the C24 and the HD I/O? which I/O are you using? As you only talk about the output through the Central station.

Scotsman
Old 09-08-2011, 01:48 PM

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, no input signal. I was under the impression that the pre amps could be used independent of pro tools? I'm hooked up to a 192 I/O but I not getting any signal in. I'm new to pro tools so I'm guessing its the pro tools configuration and not a hardware issue (...I hope).

Any suggestions.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:49 AM

Was this problem solved? Having the exact same issue.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:39 PM

8 years later I would hope that was solved

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————