Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2012, 11:21 AM

Default How did today's Avid business news affect the Eleven Rack, if at all?

http://www.avid.com/US/press-room/Av...nes-Operations

Is it correct to assume that Avid considers the Eleven Rack to be a part of ProTools, and not a consumer-audio product?
Old 07-02-2012, 01:08 PM

Default Re: How did today's Avid business news affect the Eleven Rack, if at all?

i was wondering the same thing.

The 11R is part of the current I/O, so even though the 11R would be considered "consumer", it looks like Avid will keep producing them, or at least supporting them for a while.

I'm just wondering what does this mean in terms of commitment to the guitar department in Avid. Will they just let it die and only focus on high-end pro gear for use in post facilities?

I do not know. I hope they do not close down the guitar wing to focus solely on the HD line of interfaces. The 11R is a pro piece of gear at least if you compare it to owning a real amp. Sure the pre and clock are not of the highest quality, but they get the job done.

I love this little orange box, but if Avid has chose to do away with the guitar division, looks like I'll have to check out other hardware options, playing through plugins never has the same feel, though they can sound amazing. Of course I'll stick with PT for my DAW however.

For now though it looks as if things for the 11R are pretty much the same, time will tell. Winter NAMM may be interesting.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-02-2012, 01:29 PM

Default Re: How did today's Avid business news affect the Eleven Rack, if at all?

Well-said, Benoni. I asked the question because it seems that Eleven Rack *may* fall into the cracks between pro and consumer gear. I'd like to believe that Eleven Rack's wagon is hitched to ProTools, but I wouldn't bet good money on it.

As far as seeking alternatives, that's not on my horizon regardless of the fate of the Eleven Rack. So long as my Eleven Rack continues to function, I'll happily continue to use it. One day when (if) my Eleven Rack does fail, then I'll look at the alternatives.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:44 PM

Look like they are also laying off 20% of their workforce, I hope Chimp and Chris and the other guys on the team make it through.

If we see alot of guys who worked on the 11R getting the boot, that may be a sign of things to come for the 11R, of course it may not

I agree that even if the 11R is EOL, there is no need to run out tomorrow and get an Axe, PodHD, Kemper ect... She still has plenty of life in her. But their are some things that simply must be fixed, and some things that must be added, at least for me.

I'm still hopeful we see the ERXP2 at Winter Namm or the middle of 2013. But if we do not, thanks to Redwirez I am able to get pretty much any sound I need or want. It would just be nice to have built in IR slots and built in Whammy and harmonator effects instead of having to use plugins or actual stomps or another rack effect unit.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-02-2012, 02:28 PM

The articles mention that Avid is keeping the Mboxes and even the Fast Track, so I'm sure the 11R will be perfectly safe.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:37 PM

It would be nice if someone from Avid would clarify this fact! How about it Avid?
Old 07-02-2012, 03:36 PM

I found these two "Tweets" today interesting:

Hiro Shimozato @hiroshimozato

After 5 yrs my time at Avid is being ended. A new future awaits with a new boss. Wish me, #Elevenrack, #M-Audio and #ProTools luck.

AND:

Meet the new boss... inmusicbrands.com

I'll let someone smarter than me read between the lines... those were posted this morning.

Texasdave
Old 07-02-2012, 03:40 PM

Uh Oh.

Darryl
Old 07-02-2012, 03:55 PM

So looks like the ER may not a part of Avid, so guys about that stand alone control panel...

Some confirmation from Avid would be useful.

Seriously I hope everything works out well for the Eleven Rack team, they gave us a great product.

Darryl
Old 07-02-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdave View Post

After 5 yrs my time at Avid is being ended. A new future awaits with a new boss. Wish me, #Elevenrack, #M-Audio and #ProTools luck.
Oh crap.