Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2010, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Any Pros using Eleven Rack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derker View Post
http://twitpic.com/3fe7ds

Wonder what Mr Morton from Lamb of God had to say about 11r and high gain tones.
That's not even eleven things!
Old 12-19-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessnapilot View Post
That's not even eleven things!
It's sitting right in his (Morton's) rack..........So ah.......Yea........Eleven Rack.....lol
Old 12-19-2010, 01:53 PM

It's really funny how discussion on TGP and the like are always "tube vs. modeller" but it's irrellevant really: besides the fact that there's good and bad in each (I would say I DIDN'T like the sound of more than 50% of the tube amps I've played through!) it's way more important what you do with it than what you use...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree thats why I feel that most of these new sims can be made to sound good or bad (very subjective) just gotta use your ears. one of the best rigs I ever had was an ADA MP1, Mosvalve 962, but the real magic was an old Marshall 4x12 w/ Greenbacks, those speakers made most anything sound good! Anyway very off topic thanks for chiming in with who uses an 11R.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:55 PM

Hysterical! Who's the band? Do they play "light" metal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimification View Post
I suspect that a lot of artists (expecially the heavier ones) using modellers would prefer to keep quiet about it. A little like this - one of my favourite pics :)

Old 01-01-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derker View Post
http://twitpic.com/3fe7ds

Wonder what Mr Morton from Lamb of God had to say about 11r and high gain tones.
Damn, I only have one mark v to pose next to my 11r!

I will say I spent a day last week w a friend at his studio. We plugged 11r into a Marshall power amp and through an old oversized orange 4x12 and it brought a whole new life to the 11r. We were actually shooting out a few different ribbon mics. It's a great sounding preamp. Like it much better this way than using the cab simulator. I say this though as having killer mics and pre's to track w so I am a bit spoiled there.

This had been on my mind because I was debating on wether to use the 11r or my mark v on an album I am playing on. I ended up hearing a recording I did last year in the midst of this w the mark and that solidified my position. The 11r could not compete w the tones I got from the amp. I had not thought about running the 11r through a cab though. Got some great amps to choose from, rectifier, mark v, dr z, Buddha, marshall. I think I am going for the mark v and the 11r with a rectifier cab and a Marshall 1960 cab. That should give me happiness. My main sound from the mark and rec cab and all filler stuff from the 11r. I get all excited thinking about it!!!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10