Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2004, 10:01 AM

Default CD review...Tweaker, anyone?

Just curious if anyone has given a listen to the newest Tweaker CD, 2am Wakeup Call, or the previous Tweaker CD.

Tweaker, if anyone cares, is the project of former NIN drummer Chris Vrenna and Clint Walsh.

While I do enjoy the latest CD, it doesnt do it for me. It is supposed to be slightly abstract; even intelligent, but it fails to take me anywhere. Some tracks stand out, and others seem like filler. Almost a whole CD of filler. Ive heard complaints of the CD being unfocused, but I dont find that the case; I think it is really focused(all song lyrics have something to do with insomnia or too much sleeping and the dreams that come out of it). But can something be very focused and still fail to take you anywhere? I think so. And this CD seems to do it. It doesnt slap me in the face with awesomeness like I was hoping.

Anyone else buy it, listen to it, or any opinions?

Im bored at work again, pardon the OT.

But...they did use some ProTools, so slightly On-topic