Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2019, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 2019 !

yes, in the clip bin imagine selectable folders , just like the original avid audiovision........oh wait......
Old 03-09-2019, 05:04 PM

its just pointers, they could have any parameter you wanted...the clip bin stuff could be folderized /organized/ switchable any which way......
Old 03-09-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low View Post
" AAE -9173 error pack " ?
hey buddy I've been out of PT for over a year due to this error...really wanting to come back because logic is so un-intuitive...is this still happening?
Old 03-10-2019, 09:53 AM

Taking Avid a long time to enable track packs...hopefully 2019 includes some more substantial stuff given the wait.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingy View Post
Taking Avid a long time to enable track packs...hopefully 2019 includes some more substantial stuff given the wait.
Long time? You have no idea. I've been waiting for track packs since 2004 when DV Toolkit came out!!!
Old 03-10-2019, 03:40 PM

Since we're piling on, the ACA vote has very general stuff on MIDI basically like vote to make MIDI better. No concrete ideas.

I would like MIDI tracks to act like audio where I can see various playlists and comp like I can with audio. Not sure why MIDI is still secondary in this day and age.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.

Last edited by Carl Lie; 03-10-2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:03 PM

I was glad to see ARA-integration on the ballot at least.

But yeah, taking the survey, I felt audio recording/production was just a little blip on their radar.

Last edited by AlexLakis; 03-11-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:30 PM

Default Pro tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
Do you vote?

I know where you’re going with this. If you don’t vote, how do you expect things to change?

Unfortunately with AVID, I just do not believe any of these things work or matter. I’ve seen countless things on Ideascale not get implemented or if they did, they took faaaaar too long.

Then they’ve changed the way they want you to submit feature requests several times. It just seems like a massive waste of time and resources. If they don’t know by now what needs to be changed, fixed or implemented... well, I don’t know what to say. It’s like they’ve been in a coma for the last 5-10 years.

I don’t normally write negative posts in this vein, as I agree, it’s tiring to read over and over again. But in all honesty, the constant complaints are more than valid.

I could go on, but I won’t.

Oh... and for the record, I did vote in last years one. Didn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sardi; 03-11-2019 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
I know where you’re going with this. If you don’t vote, how do you expect things to change?

Unfortunately with AVID, I just do not believe any of these things work or matter. I’ve seen countless things on Ideascale not get implemented or if they did, they took faaaaar too long.

Then they’ve changed the way they want you to submit feature requests several times. It just seems like a massive waste of time and resources. If they don’t know by now what needs to be changed, fixed or implemented... well, I don’t know what to say. It’s like they’ve been in a coma for the last 5-10 years.

I don’t normally write negative posts in this vein, as I agree, it’s tiring to read over and over again. But in all honesty, the constant complaints are more than valid.

I could go on, but I won’t.

Oh... and for the record, I did vote in last years one. Didn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As someone else mentioned earlier, ARA integration is on the selection list this year. Im guessing there are others on the ACA that have very different needs than you, I and many who hang out on this forum. I still believe it to be the best way to direct Avid (and anyone can join).

I'm more of an optimist/rally people guy. Totally understand those not so happy with the frequency of change.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:29 AM

the only thing that really bothers me, is that if anyone at avid had ever done a session IN THIER LIFE, they would have fixed this stuff LONG AGO, so it basically shows theyre in the dark, and and are struggling to understand...its weird to me, they can make the software, but they dont even do sessions with it.....