Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2014, 09:46 AM

Default Which fee for Pro Tools HD license transfer??

I'm in a back and forth with support via email with two day turnarounds.

A few threads here at the DUC suggest that this item from the AVID store is the fee required to transfer a Pro Tools HD license to another iLok account:

Transfer/Replacement Fee, $20

Support is insisting that transferring a license requires a PT HD support code like this one:

AVID Support Code: Pro Tools HD, $79.95

Has something changed?

AvidCS lurkers?

j mcd
Old 10-14-2014, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Which fee for Pro Tools HD license transfer??

From what we have been told you can't transfer an HD license without Hardware.
Right before HD 11 came out Avid locked down ilok transfers of HD assets and you now need to call Avid and submit the transfer of ownership paperwork for the hardware to have a software asset transferred. Then Avid will move the ilok asset to the users account. As far as we have been told this is the current procedure.

Pro Tools HD 2019.12 | HD Native PCIe & HD Native Thunderbolt | Lynx Aurora 16 HD | HD I/O | Digi 192 | 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core 3.46ghz | macOS Mojave 10.14.4 | 48 gigs RAM | Tascam DM3200 | Crane Song Avocet II | Antelope Isochrone OCX | Universal Audio Quad & Duo | Waves Mercury + Studio Classics v10 & Abbey Road Collection
Old 10-14-2014, 01:18 PM

And if you do need to call them, it shouldn't take an ASC code. This should fall under registration/activation support, which is free.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:28 PM

I sold an entire HD system with 2 PCIe cards, a 192, and a Sync I/O. All hardware ownership was properly transferred and processed by AVID using the Transfer of Ownership Form. Transfer of the software appears to be a separate process from the hardware. (???)

Language on the Transfer of Ownership form is carefully worded to leave multiple interpretations about whether or not the software is transferrable, suggesting that it is not.

j mcd
Old 10-14-2014, 01:40 PM

I contacted Avid last winter and asked about selling PT10 HD. They said they would transfer ownership of the ilok asset for the $79, without having to sell that buyer Avid HD hardware. Edited emails with Avid support below.

Maybe they make these decisions on a case-by-case basis?

ME: If I sold the Omni and Native PCIe to an individual, but that buyer was not interested in the PT 10HD software (which could very well be the case), could I sell, and would Avid transfer ownership of, the PTHD ilok asset to a different buyer? In other words, assuming I purchase ASC for the ilok transfer, would Avid allow registration of PT HD (in this case) to a different buyer? As you know, the HD software is a very valuable asset in which I've invested.

Avid: Please find below the Avid Audio hardware Transfer of ownership information.

We can assist you with the hardware transfer of ownership, as described below:

How do I transfer ownership of a Pro Tools system?
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...639&popup=true

For the Pro Tools HD software - we can assist with the license transfer from your ilok account to the new owner's ilok account.

In order for us to be able to transfer the license to the new account, you will need to provide us with a Pro Tools HD ASC. This can be purchased online, from the Avid web store, if they don't have a valid PT HD ASC at the moment:

Avid Support Code: Pro Tools HD
http://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductDe...SC&&store=shop

Moreover, the license needs to be deactivated in the current ilok account, "": have the ilok key with the license connected, right click over the PT 11 HD bundle license>> Deactivate. This way we will be able to transfer the license to the new ilok account.

ASUS Sabertooth, Intel i7 3820 3.6Ghz
32 GB 1600Mhz Corsair RAM
SSD 500GB Samsung
WIN 10 64bit
Old 12-30-2014, 03:59 PM

Hi, I have a friend that has a spare HD10 licence and he is willing ot trasfer it to me (no hardware involved). Little info on the procedure on AVID website.

Was your transfer successful using the ASC ?

Thanks !!
Pro Tools HD|3

Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3
i5-750
SSD 120GB
Mountain Lion 10.8
Pro Tools HD 'Native' (no cards)