Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2019, 07:48 PM

Default Re: AAF , Tempo "varies" and Assertion Error, Import impossible

I would suggest starting with Pro Tools closed before double clicking on the AAF file and having it open a new Pro Tools session.

If that fails, try again but use the Pro Tools opening dialog to stop the session making a new video track option. Hopefully one of those two options will open a session without your error,

FWIW I am predominantly a video editor and my workflow has always been to make a audio only timeline in MC (duplicate the final sequence and delete the video tracks) and make the AAF from that. Then from the final full AV sequence export a Same as Source video (very fast export). It is easy to import this video and spot it to the audio start time in my PT's session. Sometimes I will make an audio mixdown of the final timeline, export this as a .wav and import this into my session as a guide track.

This takes a little longer than the easiest MC AV AAF export , IPro Tools Import (and hope) option but the payback for me has been 100% reliability for many years.

Andrew