Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 04:10 PM

Default how do you add a quick fade in fade out on a track

Hey!

I have a simple little jingle on it's own stereo track..and I just want it to fade in from
the time it starts and fade out when it gets near it's end. How can I add this simple fade in/fade out configuration in Pro Tools? (I have the digi002R, PT6.4)

any help..much appreciated..

thanx,

chalin
Old 05-10-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: how do you add a quick fade in fade out on a track

Create a master fader (File \ New Track then select 1 Stereo Master fader). Go to edit window and in the master fader track, use the pencil tool to draw in your fade in / out. Click at the fade start and end and you'll see PT draw a volume line.You can also use the hand tool to move the start and end of the fade in/out.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:23 PM

If you click the (I'm not sure what it's called) 'link' button - which is the button underneath the three main edit (grabber) tools. That should highlight those three tools at once.

Then mouse over the end of the wave from in the edit window and the tool will change - one of the changes will be a box with a diagonal line through it - click lwft mouse when you see that tool and you'll be dragging a fade on to the waveform. This is the quick way to put in a fade.

Otherwise, highlight the area on the waveform you want to add a fade to and press 'ctrl + f' - then follow the options.

hope that makes sense , scott
Old 05-10-2005, 04:32 PM

Yup, you can do that too but I'd still have a master fader so that you can have more control over the start and end points of the fade. Having a master fader is also good if you want to control the 'bounce to disk' level. Either way is cool.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:34 PM

oh awesome..yeah, that was really easy with the three prong button feature. just added
in the fade when i saw the square. nice feature.

thanx again
Old 05-10-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: how do you add a quick fade in fade out on a t

Quote:
If you click the (I'm not sure what it's called) 'link' button - which is the button underneath the three main edit (grabber) tools. That should highlight those three tools at once.

Then mouse over the end of the wave from in the edit window and the tool will change - one of the changes will be a box with a diagonal line through it - click lwft mouse when you see that tool and you'll be dragging a fade on to the waveform. This is the quick way to put in a fade.

Yes, it's F6 +F7 at the same time, called the "smart tool." Then when the mouse is at the top right corner of your selection, the fade out option comes up. I use it a lot.
CORSAIR XMS3 12GB 1600Mhz
2 X WD 1TB Caviar Black 64 GB cache

MOTU Traveller PT2018
MacBook Pro Mojave
16GB DDR3
Old 05-10-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: how do you add a quick fade in fade out on a t

And when it's at the bottom, and there is an adjoining region, it's a quick cross fade tool.