Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2013, 06:01 PM

Default No Audio Output from Pro Tools 10?

I've been trying to fix this problem all day. I restarted my computer today and after opening Pro Tools 10 I realized that I suddenly can't get any sound out of the program, whether through my interface, my computer's built in output, etc. It's only a problem with Pro Tools, the sound is working fine with everything else. I've looked extensively through my Pro Tools setting and everything seems to be fine. If it helps I'm using a Macbook Pro and running through a Motu 8pre interface. If anyone has had a similar problem or has any advice I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: No Audio Output from Pro Tools 10?

Have you tried any of these suggestions from the Avid Knowledge Base?

Pro Tools isn't playing back through my audio interface

Error on launch of Pro Tools (v9 or higher): ''Pro Tools could not initialize the current playback device. Please make sure that the device has been configured correctly.''

Also, which version number of Pro Tools 10.x are you on?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:22 PM

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have looked at those but the problem isn't just with my interface, Pro Tools won't play back anything through any output option. I'm not home at the moment, I'll have to check the version when I get back.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:04 PM

The version I am using is 10.3.2

I also just did a test and bounced part of a project and the .wav file played perfectly fine, so I am really confused as to why I still can't get sound out of Pro Tools itself.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:37 AM

I have encountered the same problem. Everything works fine except that you don´t get the sound to come out from Pro Tools right? Your playback engine and everything else is correct and it still don´t work? It looks like some kind of programming-[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]-error because I haven't found any reasonable explanation for it. My PT works fine at the moment but I feel that it can go bananas any second again.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:00 PM

Just had this happen to me. Switched to Aggregated IO and it started working again... The cause for this problem is beyond me but you would expect wouldn't you, after paying good money for avid to have fixed such inconvenient issues before releasing it.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:40 PM

please help my audio doesn't work anymore i can't hear anything in pro tools but every other thing on my mac works fine with my speakers, even when i chose internal built in speakers still nothing.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:24 AM

This worked for me for the same issue
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/en349739
Troubleshooting
Old 08-21-2014, 06:28 PM

So I have Windows 7 with Pro Tools 10 and I am currently going through the same problem as everyone else. I have Altec Lansing speakers hooked up to my PC. Now my question is how do I get Pro Tools to play audio out of those speakers, because currently right now it is not playing any audio out of them. Please help me and thank you.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:34 PM

Hello i have mac 10.6.8 ive installed pro tools 10.3.9 , it loads everything looks good but no sound, u can see the meters moving as the song plays but no audio comes out, please help anyone?