Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2016, 07:17 AM

Default Lost Pro Tools 10 License ilok

Before I purchase an ASC to report my school music department's lost iloks, can I add all 4 lost iloks to the one ASC?
Also, does Avid send replacement iloks with the license or do I need to buy blank iloks from elsewhere.
The department didn't purchase Theft & Loss Coverage or Zero Downtime from ilok. The least amount of money the school has to part with to get replacements would be helpful.
The fact they should have looked after them better in the first place is a given.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Lost Pro Tools 10 License ilok

Hi

Avid don not provide free ilok keys nor does pace if you don't have TLC and Zero Downtime Coverage (ZDT)

Best way is to start a RMA with ilok.com

See this page:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...en-iLok-Policy

It will cost something but atleast you know to get ZDT TLC this time

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-28-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by School Technician View Post
Before I purchase an ASC to report my school music department's lost iloks, can I add all 4 lost iloks to the one ASC?
Also, does Avid send replacement iloks with the license or do I need to buy blank iloks from elsewhere.
The department didn't purchase Theft & Loss Coverage or Zero Downtime from ilok. The least amount of money the school has to part with to get replacements would be helpful.
The fact they should have looked after them better in the first place is a given.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Depending on your computer type/model also think about placing the iLoks *inside* the computers wired to internal USB ports.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:49 AM

Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately the PCs we have don't have internal USB ports.
As for iLoks, I was asking (not very well) if when purchasing a replacement licence they send it on an iLok (as part of the replacement purchase price) or do I need to go elsewhere for a blank iLok.
I think our Music Department just has to take the plunge and order replacements.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by School Technician View Post
Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately the PCs we have don't have internal USB ports.
As for iLoks, I was asking (not very well) if when purchasing a replacement licence they send it on an iLok (as part of the replacement purchase price) or do I need to go elsewhere for a blank iLok.
I think our Music Department just has to take the plunge and order replacements.
Nobody here knows what Avid And Pace will do for you. Worse case you may be purchasing new academic licenses, maybe the packaged bundle with iLok so why rush to do anything until you hear from iLok or Avid. What exact physical package/license diwnload you might purchase in that case is up to you and your academic software distributor.

---

If these just walked off or were lost you have to find a security solution, add a USB Internal card or route a USB cable back into the PC, etc.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:36 PM

When my (uninsured) iLok failed a few years ago, I had to ship it to Pace and pay them for a replacement, which they shipped back to me.

Obviously a "lost" iLok is a different matter. Best to just follow the instructions posted in the link above. Report back what your experience is.